Chapter 1: Abused

Katie's POV:

All I heard were the screams coming from my mom. I was sitting in my room againt the wall away from the door. I clutched my legs tight againts my chest. All I could think about was calling 911, but I couldnt even move.

Tears rolled down my face like a waterfall making my vision all blurry. I heard yelling and screaming coming from the kitchen. Then I heard a smack. I jumped. I wanted to run out and fight back. But I never had the nerve to get up. I have so many scars on my body. All this screaming made me cry even more.

Then it stopped. A door slammed and I heard my mom start crying. I let go of my legs and slowly got up. My body shaking. I slowly walk to the door and put my ear up against it. My mom was still crying, but she eventually stopped. After that, it was quiet. I turned around slowly and walked to my bed. I picked up the covers and slowly got in. I layed in my bed with my eyes open. I couldn't even fall asleep.

******************

The guy my mom is dating is named Jeremy. He let us stay with him because we got kicked out of the last house we stayed in because we didnt have enough money to pay the rent. Jeremy wants us to pay 100 dollars a month. Thats more than what the other guy was paying us!

The money my mom gets for working as a waitress and the money I get for working at a thrift shop is not enough. Jeremy started coming home every night drunk. He always blamed my mom for not having dinner on the table when he gets home. So he slapped her in the face and yelled at her to make him food.

When they would fight he would hit her with a belt and drag her to the floor and kick her. Sometimes he would see me peaking through my door and he would come for me. My mom would scream at him telling him to stay away from me, but he doesn't listen. He slapped me and slapped me. He kicked me and grabbed me by the neck. He says I told you to never open your door. And he pushes me againt the wall.

He would drop me on the floor and go back to hitting my mom. I'd scream and yell at him. I'd say FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU. And then he'd leave. I run to my mom and I'd see her on the floor crying. She'd yell dont come in her, stay in your room. And I always listen.

When I go to school, I always have a new scar. Everyone looks at me. I always wear sweaters to cover my scars. Oh and by the way, my name is Katie. My best friend Niall calls me Kat. He doesnt know anything about this, and I plan to keep it that way.