Chapter 7~ Not one bit

~Not one bit~

*Alana's POV*

"Jack, wait!" I laugh as he runs in the house with our food. I walk in the house and we eat while watching netflix. "Thanks, bro." I smile at him. "I know you needed this. And I know mom is struggling with her money, but trust me. I got you guys. You're family. You and mom have nothing to worry about." He assures me.

I smile and change the subject. "So how's your rapping career doing?" I ask. "How do you think I have all this money?" He replies. I jump up. "No way! You and Gillinsky got signed?" I squeal. "Yeah!" He giggles. "This is awesome!" I scream.

I wake up on the couch with Jack's feet on me. "Ew." I kick them off and get up. I then remember that it is Tuesday. "Jack!" I scream and look at the time. It's 8:00. "What?" He groans. "We're late!" I groan. "Oh shit!" He jumps up and we started getting ready.

I throw on some sweat pants and a white t shirt. I guess this is my lazy day. I throw my hair in a bun and grab a random gronola bar for breakfast. "Let's go!" I screech and hop into the passenger seat of his car.

"What the fuck." I groan. "Hey, atleast we're not that late." He shrugs. "Yeah." I try to calm down. When I walk into school, I realise I have Chemistry. Of course. I walk in late and swiftly hand the teacher my pass. "And why are you late?" Shawn asks.

"Did the fuck boy miss me?" I smirk. "Not one bit." He shoots back. "Oh really? Your actions speak way louder than your words." I turn around. His hands shift from despsrately trying to hug me to clenched fists.

After school, I head to practice to see Selena in an overly exaggerated softball outfit. This girl is really trying to impress Shawn isn't she? I look to see Shawn on the bleachers, waving to Selena. "For fucks sake, she even stole your man candy." Sarah giggles.

I roll my eyes. "He was my best friend." I grab a ball. We started throwing to each other. "That you were in love with." She trails on. "I wasn't in love with him. But, I did love him." I correct her.

"Well, what's the difference?" She shrugs. "Being in love is mutual. You both want to be with each other for the rest of your lives. you feel pure.. Ecstasy." I pause. "But, loving someone is different. You don't know if they love you back. You're sacrificing everything and taking risks, because you can't control stupid feelings." I explain.

"Wow." She gasps. "He really hurt you." She shakes her head. "Yeah. That's what I get for actually thinking that someone liked me." I shrug. "Hey, don't talk like that. You'll find true love." She assures me.

"Are you going to the dance tomorrow?" She asks. "I... Don't know. I have no one to go with." I shrug. "You'll find someone. Your brother's best friend is pretty hot" She winks. "Who? Gillinsky? Nah." I laugh. I try not to blush. "Don't lie. You're starting to like him!" She squeals. "I don't." I shrug and smile. "Whatever." She giggles.

I get home to see Jack and G asleep in the living room. That's why I wasn't picked up. I got up to my room and take a shower, then start to get ready for bed. Someone knocks on my door right as I lay down to watch netflix. "Yeah?" I groan.

"Just me." Gillinsky walks in. "Well, hello there." I turn on the office and turn towards him. "So, I was thinking" He starts. "Oh no." I giggle. "What?" He joins. "Your ideas suck." I shrug and he playfully shoves me.

"Anyways." He drags out. "I was thinking about the dance and how neither of us have dates." He lay next to me. "Maybe we could go together? As friends of course." He looks at me. We make eye contact for a minute. "Y-Yeah, of course, sure." I smile.

"Okay." He chuckles. "Can I watch this with you?" He asks. "Sure." I shrug. I get tired soon after the first episode we watch. "Good night, Lana." He whispers. I drift off soon after.

(A|N): BEG MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW GO WATCH !!!!!! (Up above) anyways yeah short chapter but I'm working out something RN and yeah. But anyways BYAAA MUFFINS