Chapter 11

Kiara's POV

   I went back that day really sad and disappointed at myself. What was I thinking? That He is going to miraculously love what I said and then smile at me and give Me the job at a spot? He's going to interview 20 people and I am definitely not going to make it to top 10. I told huraira about my day and she cheered me up. "Come on let's pray you get in, even though you don't make top 5, let's pray you make top 10 at least. Yaya let's pray tahajud this night, then tomorrow, we would give sadaqa(charity) and let's leave the rest to Allah. We would continue tahajud until we hear from them to know whether you made it or not." At that point I realized how lucky I am to have a sister like her. I didn't even think about praying for the best, Alhmdulilah my sister reminded me and astagfirullah that I forgot. I prayed isha and recited a bit and then I started praying for my parent. Khaleed said he had never seen me cry for my parents deaths and I just tried to cover the topic, he is actually right, I have never cried and not because I am not sad but for some reason that I don't know.

      Flashback five(5)years ago

I just returned from yola and I couldn't wait to see my siblings. They are now in the gidado's mansion, my grandparents are now leaving abroad apparently so uncle hamza and uncle Rabi'u took charge of the mansion. I was just so excited to be with my family again, especially since it's going to be my parents 40days fida'u prayers. Its going to nice to be with my family.
      "Salamualaikum," I said getting excited and ready to see my siblings. An elderly lady opened the door and I greeted her. Firduasi was the first person I saw, I ran to hug but she didn't hug me back. "Leave me alone please," she said. "Haba frido, what's wrong? I Am just coming back from school and..." "And So?" She cut me short. "Should I start jumping or what? Please, please just let me be" she said and then walked out on me. I guess she's not in a good mood, she would definitely come around. I saw aunty Hadiza, uncle rabiu's wife in the parlour, she was watching the TV. "Aunty, good afternoon, i am back" I said. She looked up at me, rolled her eyes, then she continued watching the TV. I was about leaving the parlour when she called me back, "kiara?" "Na'am aunty" I replied. "Do go to the room and drop your luggage's then you meet your sister in the kitchen. There's alot of work left to be done. Yes ma" I replied and immediately did as she said.

   I walked into the kitchen and found huraira washing the plates, the elderly maid that had opened the door for me earlier was there cooking. "Hurai!" I shouted, she turned around and hugged me. "I'm so glad you are back" she said. "Yes me too." Huraira looked so skinny and unkept as thou she is sick, "huraira are you sick? What's wrong? You look so skinny, where is khaleed?" I asked her all in one breathe and somehow started getting worried. "Yaya am not sick, nothing is wrong with me and khaleed should be at the backyard doing his chores." "Let me go see him then," I went to the backyard and found khaleed weeding the garden, wait I thought that was mall musa's job, why is khalid doing his job? "Khalid!" I called out and he immediately hugged me too, "Khalid why are you weeding? Where is mall musa?" "He's by the gate, aunty Hadiza said I should weed." To my dismay, Khalid also looks very skinny and he looks sick too. Come on! Who would ask a 10yrs to weed? "Khalid are you sick? Why are you looking so skinny?" "Yaya i'm alright" he replied. "Okay fine but let's go inside stop the weeding that you are doing." "No!!! Yaya" he said it with so much fright as thou It's a big sin if he doesn't finish it. "Why?" I asked, "please Yaya, don't worry i'm done I just need to gather the weeds so I would go throw them away" he said. "Okay then since you insists I will help you."