Chapter one

October 8th 2013

Today is Tuesday. The third Tuesday I have been at school. There is something about Tuesdays that makes me hate them. I don’t mind Mondays, but Tuesdays? They are bad.

“Adriana!” Louis yells as I search the crowd for him. The time is currently 3:30pm and I am being swarmed by the students who are trying to get home from a long day at St Newmans. St Angelas finishes at 3pm so everyday I have time to catch a taxi from St Angelas to St Newmans, where my brother usually awaits me.

“Louis!” I yell as he comes into view. He is usually very easy to spot because he towers over the rest of the Freshman at St Newmans, he’s already 5’11” and he’s only fourteen. When he reaches me, we do our signature secret handshake and then I quickly mess up his fluffy brown hair, before we make our way to our cab. 

“Verso la città!” Louis tells the cab driver as we hop into the yellow taxi. The old man in the front gives us a confused expression through his bushy white beard.

“Take us to the city!”  I scream. My brothers hyperactive behaviour rubs off on me whenever I’m with him. I loosen my dark green tie from around my neck and unbutton the top button on my top. I also take my brown hair out of the its ponytail, it was so tight, it was causing my head to ache.  The only thing wrong with my school is the uniforms. They make me feel like I’m being strangled if I’m in it for too long. And the fact we have to wear tight ponytails or buns during school hours gives my head bruises. Our schools aren’t too far from the centre of the city, but my brother and I both take any chance we can get to go to central park. It’s safe to say, he’s as mesmerized by the city as I am.  

After a quick thirty minutes, (quick because that is very quick for New York traffic) the driver drops us off outside central park. After a quick thank you, we paid the taxi driver and hop out.

“How was your day?” My brother asks me as we make our way to the famous central park duck pond. My brother and I hardly talk to each other in Italian unless we are talking about private stuff we don’t want anyone to hear about. We save all the Italian talk for when we skype or call our parents and family.

“Boring, but what’s new?” I shrug as we wander towards the duck pond. Louis laughs as he begins to tell me about his day. Taking a seat on one of the benches in the park, I begin to let my eyes wander around the people who are occupying the rest of the park as Louis chats on about his Math tutor. One person grabs my attention the most. It is a boy from St Newmans who doesn’t seem to be doing anything in particular. He was staring off into the distance with a scowl on his face, if the scowl wasn’t there, I’m sure he would be very attractive, but the scowl let him down. He had dark brown hair, and from where I was sitting it looks as though his eyes were green. A beautiful emerald green. 

“His name is Markus.” My brother points out from beside me. I try to look away and pretend I wasn’t intensely staring at this boy in front of me but it was obvious my cover was already blown, as right at that moment Markus’ eyes met mine. He smiles, a smile could light up a thousand suns and I return the smile.

“He’s single, ya know?” My brother whispers as he leans towards me. I break eye contact with Markus and focus on my brother.

“Louis, I need to focus on getting into Yale, I don’t care if he’s single. I’m not interested!” It’s not like I was someone who was obsessed with getting good grades and making sure I was the best of the best. But Yale had always been mine and my parents dream for me. So I didn’t want to let myself down, let alone my parent. And boys only lead to trouble. And that’s the last thing I needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner at the boarding house was served at 5pm so Louis and I could never stay out too long because the last thing we needed was the matrons being angry at us. After dropping Louis off at St Newmans, I make my way back to St Angelas. I get back just in time, to change out of my uniform and into my sweatpants and blue tank top. I sit down to dinner in the huge eating hall with my friends, Ana, Keela and Marcy and while they discussed their day, I can’t help but think about the boy with the emerald eyes. 

“Hey!” Marcy clicks her fingers in front of my face, bringing me back to reality.

“Are you even listening to me?” Marcy scowls at me. Marcy was a lovely girl, who always joked around. There was never a serious moment with Marcy. She looks like a young Tyra Banks and is definitely the definition of beautiful.

“To be honest, no.” I reply, knowing that she was putting on a stern face as a joke. She sighed and went back to her story about how she and her boyfriend Max broke up. Max cheated on her many times throughout the last year but Marcy kept taking him back. Thankfully over the summer though, Marcy finally got rid of him. See what I mean? Boys = Trouble. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long day of School, Emerald eyes and Boyfriend tales. This boring Tuesday was finally over. And after looking back at all my documents from my senior year at school, I can safely say that there would be no more boring Tuesdays.

~~~~Authors note~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry If this Chapter is really boring but I had to give you some insight into what her days usually consist of. (school, picking up brother, hanging out with brother etc.) I'm also sorry nothing much happened but I had to introduce you to the main three characters and I had to get a feel for it myself. I have heaps planned for this book so hopefully you guys can add this to your library or vote or whatever and youll see what I have instore. 

Thanks xxx