10th

Robin's Point of View

My body hunched forward, my eyelids almost falling to blink- or to faint. My arms remained hanging on to my shoulders, and a light grip on my staff.  My legs had bruises in them, I had a black eye, and my arms had patches of blood on them.

I eye the detonated piece of junk on the floor.

"Surprise! It's not my actual face." Slade said. The mask, this whole... Slade thing. It's a decoy. A fake.

'What's he planning now? This is... a sick joke.'

'Detonating in 3, 2, 1, 0.' The machine said then proceeded to explode. The flying components scratched me, but I wasn't injured.

-Present time-

I examine the area, the enormous cylindrical mirror extends upwards to the ceiling, giving no way out. I look at my reflection. Lots of wounds. Lots of bruises. My fist and head banged the wall in frustration.

I growled, 'I have no energy left to break this. It's over. It's over.''

I jerk away from the wall when I suddenly felt heat on my hands and on my head. The mirror glowed red, and a blast of green comes through. I step back, not knowing what to do. Starfire's head peeks through the hole and she kicks her way inside; shattering the mirrors to fit.

"Robin! Are you... safe?" She enveloped me into a tight, crushing hug- slightly clenching my suit with her hands. I hugged her back with one arm- not wanting to injure the other one any further.

'Her fragrance is appealing,' I mentally note. I break the hug, and look at her.

I hold her arm, then we both look at each other simultaneously. "How can you use your powers if you're-... sick?"

"I have always had the ability to use my starbolts, but I am restricted to shooting them since they cause me pain. I may be having an over-sensitivity to Earth. I do not think I've become well-adjusted to your surroundings. I apologize from keeping it from you." Her lips quivered. I gaze into her green eyes and wonder if she's telling the truth.

'She, most likely isn't lying,' I thought.

"Come forth," she offers me her hand. We go out of the cylinder together. The lights are back on, and there are no more people around except us.

I grit my teeth at her, "I told you not to come- why did you come?" I can't risk losing you.

"We are your team, Robin. We are here to help you."

"We? Then why are you the only one here? I told you not to come here. And you do so anyway! Don't be stu-" I pause, regaining my composure. "Sorry, shouldn't have lashed out on you like that." I held my nape with my uninjured arm. Starfire nodded as we headed towards the exit.

She looked ahead. "It is fine. But Robin, being a hero doesn't mean you have to fight all alone," she said.

"I understand that these people need to be saved." She gripped the door handle, opening it slightly. The sunset hits her skin. I stood beside her, keeping enough distance to stare.

"But heroes like you, Robin, need saving too."

She closed her eyes as her eyebrows furrowed. She opened the door to leave. And with those words, she was gone.

N/A: Guess who's back-

You guys: YOU DISAPPEARED YOU PIECE OF BREADSTICK!

Yeah, ... I'm really sorry for having a huge writer's block. Life has been stressing lately and i d k what to do. Sorry for disappearing, too. That was a... huge —— move on you guys.

How were the holidays?