Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Back To The New Home

It had been 3 weeks since Alia and Alec got married. Which, for Alia, meant 3 weeks of pure bliss. The past weeks had passed like a blur and Alia couldn't be more upset about going home.

Having spent the beginning of their honeymoon in Greece and then going to Australia and about three days in France, Alia wanted nothing more than to sit in a plane and go back.

But as the couple sat in the back of their car, on their way to the Martin manor, reality hit Alia like a brick. Their fairytale time was over. Now things would slowly do back to normal. Alec would work every second of the day, she will have to attend boring events with him and she would be bored out of her mind for the majority of time. Or that what Alia thought. She could not even begin to imagine how wrong she was.

Since Alec was now going to inherit the family business as well, he would have even more work. And also, he would become Lord Martin. Alia had realised how happy his father was to hand over the business. He would still continue to work, of course. But the main documents now had to be signed by Alec who would also make all the major decisions. A part of become the Lord and Lady Martin was shifting to the manor. In Alia's opinion, it was more of a palace. She was sure that she would get lost at least thrice a day. She has never bothered to count, but from what she was told, there was an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, 48 bedrooms with adjoining bathrooms, a game room, 3 kitchens, 6 dining rooms, 9 living rooms, a ball room, a television room and a library. And not to forget 5 studies so that people could work from home when needed and the nurseries for when children are born.

Alia couldn't help but wondered how rich her husband and his family actually was. She had a feeling that it was much much more than what she was told and what the world was shown. The world looked at things from outside, but she actually saw everything that went on inside. There was no way they had just the amount she was told they had. Alec's yearly income was 43 billion dollars and the family business made 50 billion. That was a hell lot, more than Alia had ever imagined. But now that she saw everything that went on inside their palace, she had a feeling that things were not what everyone thought they were. If not money wise, then it was something else. But something was there, even though she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Hey guys. It's short after a long wait, I know. I, as usual, promise to update on time. And it will be longer. This was more of a filler than anything else, tbh.

Anyhow, do vote, comment, follow, share and take a look at my other stories.