Chapter 5

Chapter 5
A Place To Call Home

Even though it wasn't the first time Alia was at the Manor, it's size and beauty still stunned her.

"Any words of wisdom before we step into your new palace?" Alia asked Alec.

"You mean, our new palace. There isn't much I can say, to be honest. But yes, one thing that I can tell you is, do not allow anyone in there to push you around. And do what you want. I've seen my mother giving up what she wants and likes all her married life simply because she couldn't speak up when she first came here." Alec said.

Alia looked at him and nodded as the car stopped. Both their doors were opened and they both stepped out. Alia took Alec's arm as they walked towards the manor's entrance where everyone was waiting for them.

Alia greeted everyone and hugged Catherine, saving her for the end. Catherine hugged her back. "Oh, there is so much that I have to show you." She whispered in Alia's ear.

Catherine pulled back and hugged her son. When she pulled away she kept a hand on both their arms. "Now, let's get you both settled in, shall we?" She said as she led them to their new room.

"I've had it cleaned and redecorated." She told them. "And you both have an excellent view from your room. I've lived in the master bedroom all my married life and I've never once got bored of the view. I did, however, get irritated with the decor quite often. And Alia, dear, if you're anything like me, you're going to get the room redecorated every few months as well. A word of advice, do not take yellow colour as the main colour. It looks like someone vomited the room out."

"You do not need to worry about that. I hate yellow." Alia said.

"And I won't let her do that anyways." Alec said.

Catherine laughed. "You wouldn't even know when she starts and finishes the redecorating."

"I don't like the sound of that." Alec said.

"I do." Alia offered.

"You have no idea how shocked your father in law once was when he entered the chambers at night to find everything pink." Catherine told Alia.

"I better not go through that." Alec told Alia.

"You better hope so." Alia said.

"There's also s very comfortable couch." Catherine said.

"Um...thank you, mom." Alec replied.

"Oh, you should be thankful. Your father used to sleep on a very uncomfortable couch when we fought." Catherine said.

"I will not be sleeping on the couch after we fight." Alec said.

"Not now that I know how comfortable it is, anyways." Alia told him, chuckling.

After they had seen their master bedroom, ("This isn't a room! We have our own little living room for God's sake!" Alia had said.) Catherine told Alec to give his wife a tour of the place.

"And for heaven's sake Alia, do not go around alone until you know your way around. You'll get lost." Catherine said before leaving.

Alia was once again shocked when she realised how enormous the manor was. But then again, she loved it and supposed she had to. This was her new home. She smiled when she thought what 5 year old Alia's reaction to this place would have been. This was pretty much the castle she wanted to live in when she grew up and became a princess like Belle or Cinderella.
-----------------------
Hey guys. Hope you all liked this, if you did, then do vote, comment, follow and share.
And also, Merry Christmas❤️