Night Murderer Of Horror Lane

Chapter 1

The Magic Within Us

"Hey!" I yell as Jessie throughs the ball at my head. I duck just in time to see the ball go flying over my head and into a small, light green bush. "What was that for!?" I yell angrily. "You said you wanted to play brandy dumb ass, remember?" said Jessie with a grin of amusement on his face. "Whatever" I said as I turned to get the ball from the bush. I walked over and got the ball and took a quick look at the sky. It was dark, a really dark blue. The sky was never the normal blue that you see everywhere else. Here it's cursed with magic! "Hey Jazzo, I'm bored what ya wanna do now?" Jessie asked playing with his fringe. "Let's get home, is raining, again!" I said as I felt the faint pitter patter of the rain drops on my shoulder. So we started walking back to my house along the windy road.

***********************************

We arrived at my house 20 minutes later. My house was three storey with three living rooms, eight bedrooms including master bedrooms, ten bathrooms, one music room, a library and three studies. My house is over 100 years old, it was passed down through generations. My room was on the third floor. It was one of the smallest rooms but it had a secret room that only I knew about. In the room there was a armchair, a small fireplace and some books and that was where I spent my time reading about magic and witchcraft by the fire. One winters day Jessie and I were up there reading when a little raven flew in the window and landed on the table. We had just been reading about how to control certain objects with our mind. As the raven hopped around I have it a shot, nothing happened at first, but when I tried again the bird waddle over to the edge of the table and pecked Jessie's leg. We both laughed as Jessie tried and instead of pecking me it pecked his balls! Naturally that both made us crack up in laughter to the point of tearing up.

***********************************

When we got inside we were greeted by a aromatic smell of my mothers chicken carbonara wafting from the kitchen. Out stomachs rumbled as we caught a whiff of it. We headed up the spiral staircase to the third floor and turned left along the hallway to my bedroom. We sat down be the fire and chatted. "So what do ya think of that new chick at school Felicity, I think that's her name ?" Jessie asked doing that freakish eyebrow movement. "Bloody hell, yeah mate, she is nicest babe there!" I replied "but Tiff is the prettiest babe and even better Jess, I think she likes me!" he turned to me and and raised an eyebrow. "Yeah mate I hope ya get em!" We continued chatting about girls and school and the AFL all the way up until dinner. We both barracked for Geelong and we both hated Collingwood so that was a good thing we had in common. We headed down stairs awaiting our carbonara we smelt earlier and found it on the table with a purple energy drink which was my favourite! "YES PURPLE!!!!" I yelled triumphantly. Jess got red, mum got green and dad had a beer. We sat and chatted about the day and just boring stuff really. As we finished up our last few mouth fulls we heard a knock on the door.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 2

The Detective at the Door