Friend ship?

Jeff POV
   I woke up to my dog Smile licking my face. I groaned as I rolled over onto my stomach and shoved the big husky off of me. "Smile, let me sleep a little while longer," I said. He grabbed the blanket with his teeth and yanked it off of me.
  "Fine! I'm up!" I got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom for a shower.
   I walked down stairs but no one was there except for Ben. He was sitting on the couch listening to music as he was playing call of duty.
   "So, I'm guessing everyone is still asleep huh?" He didn't answer and just kept his eye's focused on the screen.
   That was okay, maybe he just didn't hear me so I decided to try again only a little louder this time.
   "is everyone still asleep?" He still kept his eye's on the screen but he flinched a little as if something hurt him. His eye's landed on me, he paused the game. "Are you talking to me?" He asked. His voice was so soft and so quiet, it gave me the chills.
   "No, I'm talking to my imaginary friend, Bob," I said sarcastically.
   "Yeah, everyone is still asleep," he said. "What do you expect? After all it's only five in the morning."
   "It's only five," I asked surprised. "That is what I said, is it not?"
   "That is true." He turned back to the screen.
   "Do you want to play," he asked holding out a controller.
   He seems like a cool kid. Maybe me and him could be pretty good friends.
   "Yeah, sure." I took the controller from his hand and sat next to him. 
   "I'm going to kick your ass," I said to him. "is that a challenge I'm hearing,  Jeffrey?"
   Something is telling me we are going to be best friends.