Chapter Thirty Six

And so the Savior watches as Regina runs out of the diner, out of her life, leaving her behind feeling cold and dumbfounded. She just stands there motionless as too many things run through her head. After everything they've been through, that's what's bothering her? Regina's worried about her jinxed love life in the past catching up to Emma? Destroying the Savior?

There's no way in Hell that Emma's just going to sit back and allow this woman to walk away after everything they've been through over the past few months. Emma loves Regina, with everything she has. She left her husband for her.

Emma grits her teeth and works up the courage to stomp her way out from the back of the diner.

"Ma? What happened?" Henry instantly questions the moment he sees a mess of golden locks and red leather.

"She...she left. She's scared I'm going to die just like everyone else she's ever loved," she answers mindlessly, still not really believing this insanity herself.

Ella slides off her stool and strolls toward Henry's booth with her hot cocoa.

"So, that's it?" Lucy innocently asks with sorrowful eyes that further damage Emma's breaking heart.

"No," the sheriff mumbles. "Ella, can you stay with your brother? I need to talk to Regina. I'm not giving up, not without a fight."

"And knowing you two, it will be a fight," Henry mocks with a small smirk and a deep chuckle.

"She's not going to push me out of her life. I will keep fighting her, keep annoying her until she breaks and calls me her idiot!" Emma positively demands.

"Go ahead mom, I'll stay with Henry," Ella confirms as she slips into the booth next to Lucy.

"Thanks kids," she smiles before running out the door with determination pounding just below her flesh.

She figures Regina will be her normal, stubborn, self, so she decides to transport herself right into the mansion, knowing Regina probably won't let her in through the front door. The Savior ends up inside the foyer and quickly glances around for any signs of the brunette. She doesn't hear her or see her so the sheriff suspects she might be upstairs.

She quietly climbs the many, many, steps to the second floor. The moment she reaches the top, she distinctly hears her faint cries and sniffling coming from Regina's bedroom. She nervously grips her doorknob and turns the handle, but before she pushes the door open, she takes one last deep breath in an attempt to calm her nerves.

She finally pushes the door open to find her ex lying in her bed, on top of the comforter, curled up into the fetal position.

"Regina?" She timidly whispers as she softly closes the door behind her.

Raven locks whip around her face as she turns around to find Emma sneaking into her house.

"What are you doing here?" She coldly snaps as Emma ignores her and strolls over to the bed. "Don't you and your daughter understand the concept of breaking and entering?"

"I'm not letting you go," Emma demands, choosing to ignore the sarcastic comment.

"Emma-"

"Stop." The blonde lifts one knee onto the bed and falls down to her hands, eyeing her lover carefully.

Regina's bloodshot eyes are blown wide as she watches Emma crawl onto the bed. Her cheeks are a scarlet hue, stained with tears and all the Savior wants to do is kiss every tear away.

"Emma," she pleads again, but the blonde shakes her head in defiance, continuing her path up those sexy legs.

Regina doesn't move a muscle and Emma's fairly confident she's not even breathing.