Chapter 37

Bargaining

A couple hours after school, I walked to a church. I felt like I had nowhere else to turn to. My home has just been hell for me. I cut off all contact with Chris and every friend I have made since I moved here. I just had myself. I remember that Damien was a strong believer of God and Jesus, so I thought that maybe, just maybe, if I went to church maybe I can feel his spirit with me. I know it's pretty farfetched, but anything's possible, right? Suddenly, a car pulled up next to me. The car's window rolled down and revealed Logan.

"Hey (Y/N). Where ya headed?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes at him. Why is he suddenly talking to me me?

"Church," I answered. Logan isn't christian or catholic, so I thought he would just leave me alone.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked, "Bella wanted me to pick her up from church, so I wouldn't driving you there," he offered. I thought about it. The church is pretty far and my feet would probably start hurting from all the walking.

"Fine," I agreed. I hopped into his car. Logan started to drive off. I stayed silent and looked down at my lap.

"How're you feeling? I, um, I heard about what happened to Damien," he stated. I sighed frustratingly. Most of the school knows. Word travels pretty fast when a student gets murdered.

"I'm fine," I lied.

"(Y/N), I still know you. I still know how you are. Don't lie please," Logan stated. I sighed and stayed didn't say anything. He was right. He did still know the way I act. I haven't changed how I act in years, well, now I'm way more sad and distant, but that's pretty much it. Soon enough we arrived at the church. As I was getting out of the car, I turned to face Logan.

"Thank you," I said, then walked inside of the church. It looked like more of a traditional church. It was sort of small too. That part didn't matter to me though. I sat on one of the seats. The service was going to start in about half an hour, but I wanted to be gone before it does. I looked around the place. It was practically empty. There were just a few staff members and about five other people. I thought about praying. People say their prayers work, so maybe if I pray then something will happen.

I would do anything to get Damien back or just to see him again. I want everything to return to how it used to be. I would even trade my life for his. Damien didn't deserve to die. I would literally do anything to get him back. Please God or whoever is up there.

I took a deep breath and stood up. I think I did what I had to do. This was probably pointless though. I don't think I accomplished anything, but, hey, at least I tried. I stood up and walked out of the building. I began to walk home. I couldn't stop thinking about what if Damien just came back. What if it was all just one big, terrible, mean, stupid prank. Of course, this is reality. That's not going to happen.

I want to have an official title for this story. What should it be? I'll choose whichever title I like the most and, of course, give credit to whoever came up with it.