2.

The bell rang shrilly to alert the students that school was starting, and to get their asses to their classes before they were late. Peter barely had enough time to get to his locker and get the books he needed for English. Wade definitely gave him a lot more time to work with, considering he'd have probably been just getting to school as the second bell rang. Peter navigated down the familiar halls to his class and plopped down in his seat.

"You're in my seat, Parker."

'Really? This early in the morning? It's not even 7:00 yet.' Peter thought as he looked up to be met with the mocking eyes of none other than Flash Thompson.

"Last time I checked, your seat was over there." Peter gestured over to the back of class.

"And, last time I checked, you knew better than to mouth off at me."

"Eugene! In your seat! The bell has rung!" Peter caught a glimpse of Flash's face reddening slightly.

"Saved by the bell, Parker. You're gonna die at three P.M."

'I'm surprised you can even tell time.' Peter thought, but he didn't say anything else as Flash walked to take his seat. A name like Eugene, and yet, he still thought he was tough shit. Peter knew, though, if he ever brought up his name, Flash actually would kill him today.

The day passed in a blur, more so than usual, and Peter couldn't tell why today he felt so off. It was a Friday for goodness sakes. Yet, he found himself robotically taking notes and watching as the material went through one of his ears and right out the other. He supposed that was good, considering it meant that he got to go home early, but, at the same time, that meant three o'clock came around faster, and Peter found himself cornered at his locker.

"Hey, Parker. You didn't think you could ditch me, did ya?"

"I wouldn't want to disappoint my biggest fan, would I?"

That got him a punch to the stomach and Peter couldn't help but double over in pain.

"For every snarky comment you give, I'll hit you."

"Is that because you're not smart enough to give any comments back?" Peter struggled to stand up straight and received a punch to the face. His head clanged loudly against the lockers as he fell.

"Shit..." How would he explain that to Aunt May?

"You done, Parker? I could go all day."

"That's what she said." Another voice contributed to the conversation.

Peter shakily looked up and found that none other than Wade fucking Wilson was right behind Flash, wearing the same helmet from this morning.

"Why'd it have to be you..." He groaned out, before laying his head down.

"I'm hurt, baby boy. I thought you'd be happy to see your knight in shining armor."

"Who the fuck are you?" Flash turned around to face Wade, but Wade quickly shoved him into the lockers, pinning Flash's arm behind his back. Peter winced at the clang.

"Someone who could break your arm and horribly disfigure you in about 2.5 seconds. So, I suggest, if you still want to look like a major asshole, you keep quiet. Am I understood?"

Peter couldn't see it, but he was sure that Flash was nodding. His theory was proven when Wade let out a quiet, "Good." and Peter sat up so that he wasn't lying on the floor anymore.

"Now, here's the deal, Eugene. I don't want to see you so much as looking at Peter again. Am I understood?"

"How do you know my-"

Peter winced again as Wade slammed Flash's head against the lockers.

"Am I... Understood?"

Flash nodded vigorously, shut his eyes tightly, and a small whimper slipped out of his mouth. He was breathing quickly out of his nose and his face grew red.

"Awh... We wouldn't want the jock to start crying, now would we? Here's the deal. You apologize to Petey, and we're done here!"

Flash opened his eyes and looked straight at Peter.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I won't bother you again. Please, please, let me go."

"Doesn't feel so good when you're on the other side, does it?"

Flash shook his head vigorously, closed his eyes again, and Wade let out a sigh.

"Alright, well... I think you've learned your lesson. Do you think he's learned his lesson, baby boy?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Then, we're all done here!" Wade let go of Flash and backed up, clapping his hands as if he were dusting them off. Peter watched as Flash scurried out of the school.

"...You didn't have to do that, y'know."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Would you have liked him to keep beating your ass into the ground everyday? I'm pretty sure I just helped you out! And, this is the thanks a girl gets?"

"Do you ever shut up?"

"Not a chance, baby boy. Now, here's the thing. I don't exactly follow the bus schedule, but, I'm pretty sure they were gone about..." He checked a watch that was hidden under the sleeve of his leather jacket.

"O'six minutes ago!"

"No."

"You didn't even hear my proposition yet!"

"I don't care, Wade. The answer is no."

Peter stood up shakily, pressed a hand to his forehead, and closed his eyes. "Agh..."

"Are you okay-"

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

Gloved hands cupped his face and Peter opened his eyes to be met with the dark visor of the hemet. Wade's fingers were gentle as he skimmed the beginnings of a black eye on Peter's face.

"Let me give you a ride. Please?"

Maybe it had been because it had just been an off day. Maybe it had been because it had been a Friday. Maybe it had been because Wade had just scared the everloving shit out of Flash. Maybe it had been because of something else entirely, but Peter simply said,

"Alright."