Chapter 4: Leadership

With a nice long and talkative walk with them (y/n) and Company finally began to see the Cliff's coming into sight as they all sighed in relief.

" Finally." (y/n) said with a slight chuckle before turning to the others " You guys holding up okay?" He asked. Gloria nodded before adjusting his scarf while Nathan just gave thumbs up and nodded along, while Cole was chugging from a flask. " Uhh..Cole?" 

The cloaked man wiped his lips as he sighed in peace." Yeah I'm good. Thanks for asking as Nathan stepped closer and looked at the flask and took a quick sniff... " Is that Whiskey? " He said with a hopeful tone.

" Who's asking? " Cole said with a raised eyebrow to which Nathan let out a chuckle. " One who would marry the drink if it were legal!" He said to which Cole smirked. " Then yes fellow lover, of Whiskey." Cole said as he handed Nathan his flask to who which drank through the mask without a problem

Gloria sighed before mumbling to himself to which(y/n) walked over and patted his back " Relax, least their getting along and not fighting." he said to which Gloria looked up and gave a small smile for only a second. " Fair point. If we do end up being a team together these four years might be a lot more easier." 

" And fun."(y/n) said with a smirk.

"...That too." Gloria said in a hushed tone as he returned the smile once more. " Now let's get going to the cliff right?, It isn't going to climb itself." Gloria giggled before beginning to walk ahead of the others.

" Hey Gloria wait up man!" Nathan said as he rushed ahead to chase after his partner leaving (y/n) with his own. 

" Those two are complete opposites." Cole started " But that's a good thing, They'll have each others back in the future.." Cole said as he watched them run off.(y/n) nodded his head. " They'll get to be better when Gloria warms up to Nate." 

" True but let's save the philosophy shit here and after we climb this cliff right?" (y/n)'s partner said as(y/n) nodded his head before him and Cole walked towards said cliff. 

When they both got there Gloria was quickly already half way up through climbing rocks while Nathan was using his weapons as a foot still switching over to Wilted Rose and jabbing it into the cliff side, while grabbing his knifes and doing the same, crating a foothold, then re-summoning Wilted Rose once more and repeating the process. 

" Crafty bunch. But it's a shame I'll beat them to the top." Cole said as he shifted in his stop and reached around in his cloak " What makes you so sure? "(y/n) asked as he brought out his pole and beginning to shift it into two climbing picks and started to climb his way up as Cole stayed at the bottom. 

While the others continued their climb for a few more minutes, There was what sounded like an explosion bellow them all as they looked down at what it was before they saw a black blur speeding up past them and up towards the ledge of the cliff. 

" Was that who I think it was?" Gloria asked as(y/n) nodded " Yeah. He did say he would beat us to the top." Nathan shook his head." What a cheater." They all chuckled once more before continuing the climb.

After another few minutes, they all reached the the top to see Cole relaxing against a tree who waved to them, as he began to walk to them.

" Were you the one to cause that explosion below us? " Gloria asked as Cole nodded in return " How? " " Through an old trick I love to do, but that's trade secret~" He replied before A bullhead pulled over head and land.

" Anyways, let's get out of here, I'm hungry from all that fighting."(y/n) said before walking ahead and his team joining him, they all boarded with no problem as they were soon joined by other teams who had finished like them.