the bonfire and the wind

How do you stop loving someone?, how do you loose feelings for someone you once had a connection with?, someone you once shared your deep dark secrets with, someone who knows you like no one else does and accepts you for it, how?
Honestly am still trying to figure it out, is it even possible?, or maybe you never had those feelings in the first place?, cos seeing those words "am over you" on my screen literally killed me In a thousand different Way's, I have never been so confused, or so scared in my life. You said you lost feelings for me, and in other for me to move on, I decided to tell you am done with you too, I decided to tell  you my feelings were nothing, and that am completely over you. Maybe for a while I even believed my own lies.
But like my friend once explained to me "love and feelings can be compared to a huge bonfire, even if you put it out, it still smokes, and all it takes to lit it again is a little gush of wind"
But I held on to that slight chance that the wind wouldn't blow in my direction, that maybe, just maybe I could move on, but whenever I feel like am there, you reel me back in, and the flames are lit once more like it was never out.
Still can't figure it out, can you ever stop loving someone?.