Chapter One

Rose

My head is spinning, I don't know if I will resign or not. My boss told me I will be promoted in a week but why did he messed everything today. My phone rang again for the tenth times, I looked and see it's Chloe again.

"Where are you? What happened?" I heard her worried voice.

"Nothing. I want to sleep now, please stop calling me it's so annoying" I sighed.

"Stop it! I will come to you and you will tell me everything" then she hung up.

Chloe is my best friend for 5 years. My mom died in a car accident because of my asshole dad, they argued in the street because my dad wants a divorce. Chloe lost her sister that time, we met in the hospital church crying and broken.

FLASHBACK
I heard someone's crying so I turned around and saw a girl. I don't have anyone in my side because my dad left after they argued so I didn't know if he knows the one who truly loved her is now gone.

I cried and cried asking god why my mom, why he didn't get my dad since his the one who had many sins. Someone tap my shoulder so I looked up and see a beautiful girl standing in front of me.

"Are you okay?" she ask as I heard sobs from her. I kept crying and looked at my feet, I forgot the other pair of my shoes.

She walked out so I'm alone crying, after a minutes I heard someone enter and walked front of me and kneeled.

"Your feet has bruises, here take this" she smiled at me but I kept my mouth shut as she pulled out my one pair shoe and put her shoes. She looked up and smile.

"You know I lost my sister today. I still can't accept, we love her so much" she cried and looked at me.
I wiped her tears.

"I lost my one and only loved, my mom" I looked down and cried. She wiped my tears and we both hug each other.

After a month we met again and we became best friend. Her parents loved me like a true daughter, they helped me to stand on my own since I don't know much my relatives. I lived with them for a year and left, I don't want to abuse their kindness and I need to be a independent so I rent a small apartment and worked.

After I graduate, I find a job and worked as a office clerk. Chloe's parents ask me to work with their company but I refused, they owned big companies.

I grabbed a strong bottle drink in my fridge as I heard a knocked in my door. I open my door and see Chloe, she comes in and looked at the liquor in my table and raised her eyebrow.

"Don't want to drink with me?" she grabbed another bottle in my fridge and sat.

"Tell me, what happened?" she demand, I sighed.

"Remember Mr. Ashton?" I asked and she nod.

"Well, I was busy doing some works then he called me to his office, I thought he will tell me about the promotion so I came there fast. When I got there he asked me to sit in the couch so I did but then he hold my thigh and started to kissed me in the neck" I gritted my teeth as I see her chuckle.

"You know how obsessed he is to you and you always refuse him. I mean his nice, handsome and rich why can't you give him a chance?" she smiled at me and I just rolled my eyes.

"How can someone be nice if he put his hand in my thigh and squeezed it?" I ask her and she smiled.

"Do you think he just like your dad? He showed you everything what woman wants in a man. Of course he is a man and becoming old, he needs to settle now. I mean, come on Rose. The last time you had a boyfriend is when your in college, you broke with him because you felt he is like your dad even not and after that you never date." she rolled her eyes and I gulp my drink.