Chapter 1

Chapter 1~ Sisters keep secrets.

|inspiration♧|

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~Gary Jules

"Breathe, breathe, please," Chris whispered as he stood at a close distance.

He was trembling, trying to calm her down as best as he could. She stood still for a few seconds before the tears found their way to her blushed cheeks. She sunk to the ground and dropped the kitchen knife on the tiled floor. She sat there, as still as a mouse with her head drowned into her wet hands. He didn't know what to do other then to stand there and stare attentively.

He was worried, he was scared, but he was crazy in love.

He shifted towards her, closely eyeing the knife that laid promisingly next to her. She rested her right hand next to her side. Her fingers twitching, she slowly stood up and ran into his soothing arms.

His muscles were slowly relaxing, but his mind entered a world of questions.

"It's okay." He whispered into her ear while holding her tightly - he had blanked out for a few seconds until he realized that she was mumbling incoherently while her eyes drifted to the window close to the backyard.

He followed her stare to the red roses that grew so beautifully in the center of the tulips (that her mom had helped her garden when they first moved in) were slowly dancing to the tune of the wind. The broken swing that he had promised to fix, hung on the big oak tree that belonged to their friendly neighbor.

"Hey, look at me," he said, as he tilted her head towards him.

"I forgive you." As the last letter slipped out, the knife had carved in too deeply. His upper body was now hanging silently onto her shoulder as she struggled to place him on the kitchen floor.

A light knock on the front door left Angelique with a thumping heart.

"Angie, are you home?" The young lady's voice echoed into the hallways of the house. She had now stood with one hand holding the door open and her eyes skimming the hallways.

"Um...hello, Angie, are you -"
She stopped, scanned her younger sister's clothing in horror.

"A...are you okay, did you hurt yourself again?" She continued to babble as she welcomed herself into the house.

"Where is Chris? I told him not to leave you alone for not even a second." She seemed irritated.

She looked back at her sister.

"Don't worry, I'm here now." Her older sister smiled.

"Angie? What seems to be bothering you?' She suddenly asked.

'I...I... I,' the only words that slipped out before Angelique suddenly collapsed onto the wooden floor.

A/N
Don't forget to comment and vote!!
Thank you: B

☆☆☆☆☆