Chapter 9

Chapter 9~ a woman of confidence is a woman of power

|inspiration♧|

I'm notorious for thinking you're full of beautiful
Instead of hollow
Sugar on your lips, it starts to kill
Jagged like a pill, so hard to swallow
~Justin Bieber

After a few minutes of sipping her coffee and secretly eyeing the table where the the young man was conveying in a very intense conversation.

The lady excused herslef to the restroom.

Suddenly an idea popped into Angelique's mind and before she could even rethink it, she was already making her way towards his table.

'Hello,' she said as she stood in front of him.

He stared at her, but made no move to try and talk to her.

She sat in the chair that the young lady was once in.

'What are you doing?' He asked as he glared in the direction of the restroom.

'Who is she to you?' She asked.

'Do I know you?' He answered with a question.

'No you don't,' she stated.

'Are you dating her?' She asked him.

'why would that be any of your concern?' He asked.

'Because I find you attractive and I'm interested in what I see.' She bluntly answered.

Before he could respond, the young lady retrieved her way back to the table.

'Pascal, are you not going to introduce me to her?' She asked sweetly.

'Umm... she's... her name is...' he stuttered.

'Hi, my names Angelique, and you Must be...' she cut him off as she talked to the young lady.

'Fernandez,' she smiled.

'You Mexican?' Angelique asked curiously.

'Yes I am,' Fernandez chuckled lightly.

'I own the store.' She pointed out.

'It's an amazing café, very comfy. If you'll excuse me, I'll get back to my coffee.' She pointed at the table where she was sitting.

'Nice to meet you Fernandez, and Pascal...' she smirked at him.

'Hope to hear from you soon?' She asked with uncertainty.

'Yeah, sure,' he said.

She walked back to her table with the same waitress giving her the eyes.

'I can't believe I did that,' she said as she sat back down.

'What did you do?' The waitress asked eagerly.

'You very nosy,' Angelique said with a shaky smile.

'How come  you forgot to mention that the lady sitting with him is the owner of this place? She gave the waitress, who was serving her, a very accusing glare.

'How was I supposed to know?' She replied.

'You suppose to know, you work here.' She stated.

'I started only yesterday, I can't possibly know everyone here,' she whined.

'You would at least know your boss,' she muttered under her breath.

'The manager hired me. Now before you continue blaming me for something I will not take ownership for, tell me what you were doing at his table.

'I was... wait,' she stopped herself from finishing her sentence.

'What?' The waitress asked as she pulled out the chair opposite Angelique to sit down.

'Why would I be telling you all of this?'She stared back at the waitress.

'I don't even know your name,' she pointed out.

'Lola, hi. Now can you continue?' She asked.

'No,' she replied.

'This is the start of our friendship and you are ruining it,' she declared.

'Our what?' Angelique seemed bewildered.

'Here,' the waitress scribbled something on a piece of paper and handed it to Angelique.

'Text me whenever, don't take too long.' She smiled before she stood back up.

'I have to attend other tables if I still want to keep my job.' she said as she turned around.

'Don't forget to text me, I don't just hand out my number to anybody.' She made no attempt to look back as she approached another table.

Angelique laughed as she stared at the untidy number on the piece of paper.

She stared back at Pascal's table to find him staring.

She smiled at him.

He smiled back.

A/N
Don't forget to vote. That star at the bottom is waiting for you to click it. The best part is that it doesn't take a second > a millisecond or two.
Also... comment (not compulsory) but I would love to convey in a conversation with everyone and get to know you and your interest ;-)

Mine too, if you don't mind. :-)

☆☆☆☆☆