Chapter Five

Red's Pov

------------

I chatted happily with the other graduates. I hadn't been in the top of the class but made it right after in place eleven. I was happy though, for the others who made it top class which included Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. Something was stuffed in the pocket of my cape quickly and Levi walked away. Some of the graduates stopped talking and just stared after the Corporal but chat resumed. I left my talk and took out the note that was stuffed in my pocket:

-Red

Meet me tonight at the horse stables, midnight exact.

-Levi

I stuffed the note back in my pocket. I had learned where the horse stables were just a few hours ago so I knew where to head tonight, to meet Levi.

~Time Skep~ .•Time: thirty minutes before midnight•.

I lay awake in my bed. I heard soft snores all around me. I had been counting the minutes in my head for awhile now. Only thirty minutes now. It wouldn't hurt to be early right? I slipped on the cape and left barefoot, so my boots wouldnt tap against the floor. I steathily made it to the horse stables still ticking my head clock away. I crept inside and was welcomed by soft nickers from the awake horses. I waited the last five minutes when Levi stepped in,"How long have you been waiting?" He asked. "Five minutes," I answered,"Why did you want me here?" A silence feel as Levi studied my face. After a few minutes he spoke,"I wanted to talk to you. Alone."

He took my hand and led me to one of the stables. He opened the stall and crept inside the empty stall. Levi closed the stall and sat down on the hay. He pulled me down ontop of him, enveloping me in a warm hug. The ones I had long since forgotten but had stuck in my memory with all the other rebooting memories with Levi. I shifted in his arms to see him. He spoke breaking the short silence,"I missed you."

I sighed,"Some nights I'd get no sleep thinkin' of you Levi and more troubles. Those days I'd train hardest, almost collapsing from exhaustion."

His arms tightened around me and his hand started to stroke my ruffled hair. Levi's softened voice and expression showed as he spoke to me,"Some days I would wonder how you were doing. I would find the latest reports of the trainees and I would see you ranked eleven on every single report. I'm proud of how far you got and excelled. I'm wondering something, Red would you like to join the Survey Corps and be in my squad?" I sat motionless; thinking of the choice I could make.

After awhile I broke the silence,"Yes, atleast after Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are near me, where I can keep them safe. I feel responsible for them even if they don't know. There family to me." Levi brought me closer to his chest, to where I could hear his heartbeat,"Then I can wait until they are there with you, Red Sketch."

We layed in the hay for awhile, telling stories of the memories we remebered from our past together. We would laugh softly at some of our remarks. After awhile it became silent again. I lay down in the hay right next to Levi. I closed my eyes and rested, breathing softly. I didn't hear Levi when he moved but I felt his warmth near my body. Soft lips pressed against mine and instinct let me follow my heart and kiss him back. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him, kissing softly. Levi's arms wrapped around me gently when he parted from the kiss. I blushed slightly,"Damn you Levi." I said playfully, poking him in the cheek. "Damn you too, Sketch. Now I'm all filty from this hay. Blech, disgusting." I giggled and brushed off his uniform free from hay that stuck to him,"Is poor lil' Levi all better now?" I said in a voice I would use with a baby or small cute animal. "Quit it Red." He pouted crossing his arms and sticking out his bottom lip like a little kid would. I felt weariness suddenly take over my body and I collapsed in the hay. I blinked,"S-so sleepy." My eyes closed and I left consicousness.

I woke up later in the infirmary. I groaned from stiffness and sat up. I realized Eren by my bed,"Hi Eren." I muttered. He smiled and hugged me,"Your awake!" I smiled,"Well yeah if I'm sitting up." I wrapped my arms around Eren and breathed in his scent. It smelled different; wrong,"Eren you smell different. You smell like heat and smoke." He chuckled,"Don't worry about that Red. It's nothing." But I sensed that forced chuckle and his strained happy voice. He was hiding something...

[a/n: Yeah, yeah I know, I know small update. But im writers blocked -.(\ and I don't have much time to type much. But really guys?! 100+ reads already?! Man, thanks bros for all the reads! Please comment feedback for the story so far!]