Chapter 3d: Normal Days (Free Time)

I decided to do the more difficult gift first, because why not.

I headed to the Ultimate Perfume Scientist Research Lab. Yep, it's who you think it is that I want to visit. Her door wasn't locked for some reason.

I was immediately hit with a strong fragrance of many different perfumes, vanilla, lavender and mint. It was a little bit intoxicating, but I could bear with it.

There were cabinets and cabinets of perfume bottles and vials lined on every space of the four walls except the door. The bad thing was that a few of them were actually more poison. Nasty.

I noticed a pink rope hanging from one of the cabinets. It was around the length of a skipping rope, and decorated nicely with multicoloured flowers. Could that be...

A large experimental table with a fixed sink was in the middle of the room. Some lab equipment like petri dishes, test tubes and beakers were placed on it. There was even a microscope and a Bunsen burner.

Overall the interior of this lab really contradicts the perfume scientist's personality. It was a peaceful environment to work in.

Flower was at the table, back turned to the door, stirring some weird transparent liquid in a beaker. I had entered quietly so as to not disturb her and cause a scene too early on, so she didn't notice me.

Unfortunately my hand had brushed against an open cabinet door, which creaked noisily. Of course, Flower whipped her head around.

"What the hell are you doing here? Get out!" She growled, putting down the beaker.

"Well, I came here to--"

"Just get out or I'll crush you!" Flower gave me a good shove and sent me onto the ground. The small spray bottle of weird multi-fragrance slipped out of the pocket of my jacket and fell next to me unharmed. Flower picked it up and examined it. She was suddenly stunned.

"Where did you get this?! This exotic fragrance is so difficult to make, and it costs a fortune!" She yelled at my face.

"Uh I found it in my lab and thought you might want to have it since I'm a guy and you're a girl and guys don't really use this kind of perfume but girls do..." I blabbered a lie. The last thing I wanted was Flower coming to my lab everyday, finding my token stash and spending all of it just to get another bottle.

Luckily, Flower bought it. As I stood up, I watched as she sprayed some on her body while pouring a little out on a petri dish for sampling. She glared at me. "Why the hell are you still here?"

"I just came here to hang out with you, nothing much." It was then I realised I had made a grave mistake.

"Oh, so you gave this to me just so you can get closer to me?! You're sneakier than I thought you'd be!"

I tried to explain things to Flower but ended up being chased around in her lab for a few minutes. Eventually both of us got tired.

"I honestly just want t-to spend time with you and get to k-know you better, you've got t-the wrong idea." I panted, but was grabbed by the collar and pulled forward.

"I prefer to be alone, thank you very much." Flower hissed, before dragging me outside.

"W-Wait!" I cried, but the door slammed and locked before I could run forward. I groaned. Even though I had expected this, it wasn't polite to just throw someone out of somewhere like this.

I headed to the locker room, where I found aDRONEaline walking around. It noticed me and waved a foreleg, and I waved back.

"Are you still trying to access the files?" I asked it.