Chapter 17: Bonding Time

~Previously ~

  "Yeah, but I'll travel with Ace until he gets back to his boat, then I'l catch up with you guys. It's been a good amount of years since I've last seen Ace and I want to do some, no, a lot of catching up," (Y/n) said.

(Y/n) bent down to Tim's height, "stay with Emmy and keep her safe."

"Of course Mistress," Tim bowed.

(Y/n) gave a small smile and moved to Emmy bending once again to be at eye level with her.

"Keep traveling with them and I'll catch up, you know how to reach me if anything goes wrong," (Y/n) said.

"I'll be fine on my own, I'm not a kid anymore," Emmy pouted.

(Y/n) smiled and ruffled her hair a bit before leaving with Ace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "So that's how you joined old Whitebeard," I said.

  "Don't call him old," Ace scolded. 

  I shrugged my shoulders and looked up to the sky. The sun beamed down on us but had no effect what so ever. 

  "It's been awhile since I've seen the old giant," I continued.

  "I said- wait you've met Pops?" Ace asked. 

  "Yeah, last time I saw him was when I was sailing the ocean with Dad," I said.

  Ace stopped talking and glared at the sand as I peaked over at him. I sighed and looked back forward, kicked the sand as I walked.

  "What's on your mind? Is it my candy? Do you want some of my candy? I'm bad at sharing unless you're a kid just so you know." I said in one breath.

  "....how did you meet him?" Ace asked.

  "Whitebeard? I just told yo-"

  "Not him.."

  I thought for a second, contemplating if he was asking what I think he was. I removed my bag and shuffled though it for a minute before pulling out a folded picture. I opened the picture and smiled fondly at it before handing it to Ace. 

  "Dad, in a way, saved me." 

  Ace stared at the picture. The picture was of a tall man with a curved black mustache, thick black hair, and a large smile as he was towering over a slender woman with strawberry blonde hair and a hibiscus flower in her hair, supported between both their arms was a small girl with (h/c) hair, bright (e/c), and goggles hanging around her neck as she threw up a peace sign.

  "He came in search of the power of the Reincarnation Wheel, instead he found me on a deserted island. At the time I could not speak English ((A/N: just gonna say English)) instead I spoke a long forgotten language," I explained. 

  "What's the Reincarnation Wheel?" Ace asked.

  "My power," I answered.

  Ace looked even more confused and I stopped walking, forcing him to stop as well. I activated my power, blue and purple streaks blended with my (h/c) hair and my usually (e/c) eyes changed to into blue and purple. I faced Ace and looked him in the eye.