Chapter Five.

( A/N : Helloguys,I amverysorryfornotuploadinganewchaptersosoon. Iwaskindabusybecausewithpersonalmatters. But,asalittleapology,Imadethischapteralittlelonger. ThisoneisforbothKlarolineanda little bit of Kalijah-fans. EnjoyandpleasedoreadtheotherNotebytheend. )

ChapterFive.

Caroline'sPOV

We got back at the house at exactly 8 o'clock,as we stepped inside it smells like we just entered a fancy restaurant. You can smell different kind of foods around.

"What's going on?"I asked directly at Klaus.

He smiled down at me and answered,"There's a small dinner,a formal one. So why don't you change your attire and then let's meet back here."

I simply nodded. Before  going up to the stairs,I glanced around and saw Hayley talking with Bonnie in the living room.

I quickly changed into a white dress paired with my brown leather jacket. I let my hair fall down my back and then went back downstairs. Hayley was walking along with Rebekah to the kitchen where Klaus is waiting while Bonnie and Stefan talked in the kitchen.

Stefan?!

I flashed inside the food filled room and almost stumbled into Elijah before reaching Stefan's side.

"Why are you here?"I asked.

"You all left so I decided to leave too,by the way,good thing you chose to be here."Stefan answered. "Uhuh?"I muttered

"He's planning on being the godfather of my child,"Klaus said as he motioned us to seat and surround the tabled already.

Klaus sat at the top edge of the table,on his left are Elijah,Rebekah and Hayley. While me,Bonnie and Stefan sat on his right.

"Ah,the last time I heard you can't even say the wordbaby,but now you're saying mychild?"Stefan mumbled as he looked at Klaus,"What changed?"he added.

I looked at Klaus who seems a bit irritated but instead of saying something that can lead this formal dinner into a bloody one. He just smiled grimly at Stefan and said,"Let bygones be bygones,after all,a king always need a heir."

"And a Queen?"Stefan added,pushing a spoonful of mashed potatoes into his mouth. "Absolutely,"said Klaus.

Everyone just shook their heads,excluding of course,Stefan and Klaus. We ate and chatter when I realized that something's missing,oh no,someone's missing.

"Where's Katherine?"I asked directly at Elijah. Who's talking to Rebekah,he looked at me.

"She said she has things to settle in Europe,"he answered.

"She does?"I said as I pulled out my phone from my jacket pocket,"Excuse me for a minute,"I said and stood up.

I left the dining room and made a call to Katherine, directly,it went to voice mail.

"I'mbusysojustleaveyourdamnmessage,bye."Katherine's voice said followed by a beep.