Chloe

I'm Chloe I have cancer, lung cancer. That means I can't breathe properly. I was diagnosed with lung cancer when I was 12, I'm 16 right now. I know my life is over, I haven't gone to the hospital in a long time but it always comes up out of know where. When it comes up it means that I can't breathe even though I have my nose things. I never knew this was going to happen when I was 11 I knew my life would be normal because everyone in school said that bad stuff only happened when you were 10 and I believed them. I couldn't breathe on my 12th birthday it was about maybe 11:30 when I couldn't breathe, I sat up as fast as I could trying to get my breath back because I didn't want to tell my parents, but nothing happened. I screamed for help even though I knew it was over. "It's over" I whispered to myself before my parents came crying into my room. I woke up in a hospital room, my mom was so excited to see I was up but then my eyes closed, but she didn't know I was still awake and I opened my eyes up again. I saw mom and dad hug and mom put her head on dad's shoulder as she started to cry, all I wanted to say was "I love you" that's all I  remember of my 12 birthday night. 

Now back to what's happening now. "Mom, Really?" "Yes I think you should go and meet new people." My mom said "I don't even drink coffee though!" I said. She was trying to convince me to go the coffee shop to 'meet' new people. "I know you don't drink coffee but still." "No mom, I'm NOT going to a coffee shop when I don't even drink coffee" I said as my final answer. "Well then how about that cancer group that the hospital is organizing" My mom offered. "But that must be for the little  kids who have cancer...." I was so annoyed. "No, they made the groups for every age group" My mom said as I walked out of the room hoping the conversation was over. "Fine but only for you!" I said hoping it would end the conversation. 

"Ok, Good luck" my mom said as I hopped out of the car. "Thanks" I said sarcastically. As I walked into the church I saw many people sitting there. Some looked blind, had a wheelchair, but no one had breathing tubes like me..... it was kind of awkward. "Ok, can I have some volunteer's to tell everyone their name and a little about themselves?" Someone who had dark black glasses shot his hand up. "Ok, you" The guy said he hadn't introduced himself yet so I didn't know what his name was. "Ummmm...... So....Ummm.... I'm Scott.... and I have eye cancer....and....Ummmm.....I had one eye taken out and......Ummm.......I have to get the other one taken out in a bit so....Ummmm......I will be completely blind so....Ummmm.....Ya" Scott said as he slowly sat back down in his chair. "Well nice to meet you Scott" The no named guy said to Scott. We were all sitting in a circle of chairs and because of that it was more awkward.