Shelter

(This is loosely based on the Shelter official video. Mostly based on the lyrics.) First story on here! Enjoy!

It was another lonely day in Rin's village. All of the happy children were playing outside in the hot sun, protected by the huge fort walls that surrounded the small yet lively village. Rin's snow white dress flowed in the wind as she watched everyone do their normal, daily activities from a high ledge. She also was wearing her favourite white bow to match her odd style of clothing. Her secret village was really peaceful, as if the war on it never happened.

'It's so wonderful!' She thought to herself.

She sighed, as she began singing a song she wrote herself, for her dad.

"I could never find the right way to tell you.

Have you noticed I've been gone?

'Cause I left behind the home that you made me,

But I will carry it along."

"Rin!" a boy about the same age as her shouted, making Rin jolt up in surprise. "Have you checked on everyone today?" He asked as he fixed up his yellow t-shirt. Rin replied with a simple shake of her head as she hopped off of her comfortable spot. The responsible teenager walked down long stairs to get onto the floor below, almost forgetting to take her little drawing tablet that was lying on the stone ground.

"And it's a long way forward, so trust in me.

I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me.

And I know, I'm not alone, you'll be watching over us,

Until, you're gone."

Eventually, Rin got out of one of the tall, stone towers that were scattered around the place. Packing away her tablet that she was currently drawing on, she wandered out onto the lively streets and watched everyone, helping with any problems they might have like tending to a garden, fixing houses and keeping people company. Everything was normal, nothing new. She was met with the same faces all the time who greeted her as she walked along.  The teenage girl did always keep her father in mind when doing all of these somewhat hard tasks. But one thing bothered her; she only had one legit friend, which was her brother. She has been longing for a friend for a long time, but she has been too shy to really interact with anyone. Even though she kept others company, she didn't really talked much and allowed everyone's words to just wash over her like a pathetic wave.

"When I'm older, I'll be silent beside you,

I know words won't be enough.

And they won't need to know the names on our faces,

But they will carry on for us."

Rin eventually got to the end of the village, which is where her favourite spot was near. She had only been to half of the village today, but it was fine as her twin brother took care of the other side. The blonde haired girl strode over to a large, lush oak tree. She looked at it's majestic beauty, before going to lean on it. The rough bark felt nice against her back, even though it dirtied her clean dress a bit. Pulling out an orange she kept in her orange messenger bag, she thought back to the highlights of her morning. She peeled the sweet fruit and ate it. Yawning, Rin wiggled a bit to get comfortable, eventually causing her to fall into a deep sleep.

"And it's a long way forward, so trust in me,

I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me.

And I know, I'm not alone, you'll be watching over us.

Until you're gone."

Rin sang in her dream as she dreamt of a peaceful walk with her dad. She knew that his spirit would always watch over everyone as he still continued his job to guard everyone; Rin and her twin were just helping with it. She nearly finished her song, until she heard another voice.