Six

A small brunette skipped, hand in hand with her parents. It was 'bring your parents to school day' and the kindergartener was very excited. She spoke a mile a minute, her parents smiling down at her. She sat at a table in her cafeteria and told her mother about how happy she was. Her father watched her with pure love and happiness in his eyes, he loved his daughter and how happy she always was. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a child sitting alone. She had no lunch and was the only child in the room without parents. He caught his wife's attention and motioned to the girl. She frowned and turned back to their daughter.

"Camila, do you know that girl over there?" Camila looked at the said girl and shook her head.

"No mami, but she looks lonely. Can I bring her over with us?" Her mother, Sinu, nodded and Camila bounced up and happily skipped over to the other table. Sinu and Alejandro watched their little girl animatedly talk to the taller girl and pull her over to them.

"Mami, Papi, this is Lauren. She doesn't have a lunch; can I share with her?"

"Of course, what grade are you in, Lauren?" Sinu passed Camila a bit of her and Ale's lunch to give to Lauren also. The dark-haired girl bit her lip and accepted the food.

"1st," She mumbled and almost inhaled the half of Camila's sandwich. Alejandro furrowed his eyebrows as the girl ate like she was starving.

Lauren watched Camila as she talked the girl's ear off, telling her whole life story and more.

"Mami! Can Lauren come over after school?" Sinu was caught off guard and looked at Ale.

"If it's okay with her parents, then of course," Camila turned to Lauren as if she hadn't been there the whole time.

"Lauren! Please, please, pleaaaaase come over after school!" Lauren gave the girl a small smile.

"Whatever you want,"

A/N

What'd you guys think?