Seven

The first grader skipped into school. Camila had a big pink bow and a pink dress. She ran up to Lauren, dressed in a black and white flannel, black jeans, and a dark green beanie. The smaller launched herself onto the other's back, kaoliang herself.

"Guess who?" She giggled. Lauren grabbed the girl's legs, supporting her.

"Um, Camz?" Camila squealed and hugged Lauren one last time before skipping away, leaving Lauren faced two jaw-dropped boys.

"How- She just-? How'd she? You never let anyone touch you?" Lauren shrugged and grabbed her backpack, heading to class.

------------

"Mami, we're home!" Camila yelled as she rushed into the house. Lauren followed and closed the door behind the forgetful Cuban. Alejandro walked around the corner and picked up Camila.

"Hola mijas! Come on girls, Mami made cookies and won't let me have any," Camila gasped and the two began trying to sneak into the kitchen. Lauren chuckled and walked right in. Sinu saw her and came to the girl's side.

"Lauren! How was your day? Are you staying for dinner?" Lauren bit her lip hesitantly and shook her head.

"I-I uh gotta go home," Sinu frowned, she knew that Lauren's parents could care less about their daughter, and Lauren never refused food.

"Are you sure Lauren? Is something wrong? Look, why don't you stay for dinner, sleep over, and I'll take you and Camila to school tomorrow?" Lauren bit her lip again but slowly nodded. Sinu grinned and hugged the girl.

BANG

They spun around to see a guilty Camila and Alejandro with shards of a broken jar surrounding them. Sinu crossed her arms and glared at the two.

"trying to break into the cookie jar? Well, they aren't in there yet. And, no cookies for you two thieves!" She picked up the tray of cookies, that Camila and Alejandro had missed, and gave Lauren one.

"Now, you two go out and play. Ale! Don't even think about leaving," The small girls giggled and ran out. They dashed into the backyard and up into Camila's treehouse. Once inside, Camila looked at the cookie in Lauren's hand.

"Lolo, can I have your cookie?" Lauren looked into the deep brown eyes that she could never say no to.

"Whatever you want,"