Michael's Little Disaster

"Riley! If I told you once, I must've told you a thousand times, lock your door!" My friend Peyton yelled, coming up the stairs, as I continued to curl my hair.

"Why? It's not like anyone is gonna break in and try to hurt me."

"Yet, Riley, they won't hurt you yet. Yet is the key word, babe."

"Peyton, I love you, I really do, but I don't understand why I should live anymore, I'm broken, I'm not some toy you can fix." I stated, turning the curling iron off setting it down on the sink counter.

"Because I love you more than anything. Riley, face it, you are basically my sister. Wait, would you even call it that?" She asked following me into my bedroom.

"If you want, you can call it that. I mean, I guess you could say we are. You did stay here, unlike everyone else. You know the history with my dad, and my moms never home, I don't think you've ever met my siblings," I said, slipping bracelets on my wrist, my favorite one was the All Time Low one. I went to their concert when I was 16, and that was the first thing I did, was get band merch. My sister, Sierra, took me to that concert. It was the high light of my life. It was my first concert too, I'll never forget it.

"When was the last time you heard from him?" Peyton asked, as I slipped on my converse. I was never one for wearing sandals going out, birthday or not. I always had to have my sneakers. I guess you could say I was a bit of a tom-boy.

"Three months ago, and I heard from mother dearest this morning when she stopped by to say 'Happy Birthday' lord knows she wasn't here to pay rent. It actually makes me wonder when she paid rent last. My sister is away at college, but she did tell me happy birthday, and my brother took his girlfriend to the hospital, something about her just blacking out."

"Very nice." Peyton muttered dramatically. "Oh, by the way, my mom said Happy Birthday, she would've done it in person, but she had to go in early, and as you know, she works the night shift."

"I'll thank her later, so what time did she go into work then?"

"4pm, the hospital was three spare doctors, but most of the nurses called off, why I'm not exactly sure, but they did."

I nodded, as we waited for the elevator to go down to the main lobby, before walking out. Peyton looked at me for a second before shaking it off, and getting in her car. I followed, and with the push of a button, it came to life.

"So I have to ask, did you get this on your own, or did your grandparents get it for you?" I asked.

She looked at me before laughing. "Ri, I got this on my own."

"When?"

"A month ago."

"How come I haven't noticed till now?"

"Because you've been walking to Starbucks, instead of having me pick you up and drop you off." Peyton said pulling up along side the curb, since there was no more parking spaces what so ever at 6:30 in the afternoon, but whatever.

"Riley, I wanna ask you a question, can you be serious and give me the truthful answer?" She asked, as we waited to be let in.

"When was the last time you cut?" She asked.

I looked down. I didn't want to tell her the last time I did cut was last week. She thought I was clean for a month. That would just break the promise. She's my best friend, sister, almost. I made a promise, that I couldn't even keep. Fuck, I have no idea when the last time I was able to keep a promise was.

"Promise you won't get mad?" I asked.

"Riley, tell me."

"Last week." I half smiled at her, before downing the alcohol that was placed in front of me.

All too soon, it was shot after shot, drink after drink, until I stopped. I squealed when the song "A Daydream Away" by All Time Low came on. Did I mention, that it was my favorite? I smiled, and made my way to the dance floor, there was no way, I was letting this song go undanced to. You'd have to shoot me first.

"Do you like All Time Low?" A voice from behind asked. I spun on my heel to reveal a boy maybe a few months older then me, with black hair and a little bit of red, or maybe it was purple, I'm not sure.

"Yeah." I smiled. " They've been there when no one else was."

"Well, how about you let me get you a drink, what's a pretty little thing like you doing here anyway, I mean, don't you have a boyfriend?" He asked.

"Um, thanks, and it's my 18th birthday, and no I do not." I mumbled following him over to the bar as the song ended.

"Oh well, Happy 18th." He smiled, then turned to the bar tender to order whatever drink he was going to be buying me.

While he did that, I checked my phone for Peyton, because I have no idea where she is, or where she got to for that matter. But I looked at the clock and seen that we had been here for over two and a half hours. Time flies when your having fun, I guess.

"Don't worry, Ashton took Peyton home."

"Who's Ashton and how do you know Peyton?" I questioned.

"Because we spilt our drinks all over her, so we got her a few drinks, talked for a while, then Ashton took her home. Oh and Ashton, is my best mate. I have no idea where the other two are, but I'm Michael, and who might pretty girl be?" He smiled.

"Riley." I stared at him, questioning him almost, until his phone rang.

"Yea?" He asked. "What, no? Calum, Ashton took her home. Well tell Luke he's a dipshit. Okay, yeah, give me about five minutes. I don't wanna leave her here alone."

Michael smiled, looking at me. "Okay, you're coming with me, we have to go. Ashton and your friend Peyton took her car, and I don't want a pretty girl like you walking home alone." He said

But before I could even do something about it, we were already out of the bar, and with who I'm guessing was his two friends that he was just talking to. Luke and Calum went up in the front, while Michael stayed in the back with me.

Little did I know, I wasn't going home. By the time I wake up tomorrow, I'll be owned.