Within the Darkness

The legend starts many years ago, miles beneath the surface of the Land Dwellers, at a time when three children entered the Dark World, born and molded in the Land of No-Light. Each child was born with special powers and abilities to survive off the land from which they were born, and they were given unique names: Raven and Skills, brothers, and Emerge, their sister. From the moment they were born of this darkness, they quickly learned to become survivors, living in the deep blackness where no light was able to enter. They needed each other. Without each other's help they may have never made it out alive.

This world that they lived in became their captor; it was filled with things no child should have ever experienced or seen. The air was polluted, the sky bled dark clouds, and spewing from them was acidic rain that destroyed anything it touched. Even the ground beneath their feet was unstable and unsafe to roam alone. They learned to do things that helped them survive day-to-day. But somehow, by the grace of unseen powers, the wee-three managed to escape the clutches of this world that almost consumed them entirely.

It is told that the two boys were in search of a freedom they only heard about from the whispers that echoed through the darkness; stories that only teased of a hope which most never obtained. This spark of hope became their energy to climb out from the black. Throughout their story, Raven and Skills birthed a spark of light within their spirits, spreading it to their sister. Together, they began to venture out from their world, climbing higher and higher in hopes that a sign of change would be revealed to them.

As their journey grew longer, the wee-three, at times, turned on each other, using their fears against themselves, almost causing their bond to completely crack and shatter into pieces. But Emerge, the strongest of the three, never gave up hope and did everything she could to carry her and her brothers out from the dark. The longer they traveled the harder it became to manage their fear.

After many years of searching, the sign finally appeared. At first, they only heard it. The sound was that of a bird, but not just any bird; a bird of hope and of light. A feeling materialized within the three like a small flame. It was a feeling of happiness, but also fears of the unknown. Clinging to the good, they followed the song through the black in hopes that the whispers they heard long ago were of truth.

Their journey seemed to have no end, but that small flame of happiness kept them going. From the distance, they saw what they thought was a glowing eye. At first they assumed it was an unsafe creature waiting for them, but the song continued to lead them forward in the direction of the glow; a beast-like animal in the eyes of a child. The fear began to grow, but the feeling of hope was never overcome. They continued to hold on tightly to the thought that they were going to make it out. They stayed together, embracing and hanging on to each other by their hands, and continued to move closer to this "beast". As they approached, the eye grew larger and larger, and it became brighter and brighter. They discovered it wasn't a creature or a monster at all. It was a hole. A hole big enough for them to escape.

The light was so blinding, but so beautiful. The first thing they saw was a black and red bird. Its wings spread wide like welcoming arms as it led them further away from the dark.

Walking hand-in-hand, they stepped out from the darkness into the light, exposed to the greatness of the world around them; the world of the Land Dwellers. With trust and hope now burning brightly inside of their spirits, the wee-three were willing to be taught new abilities in order to survive and live off this new world. They were taught by the Teachers of Light who held great knowledge of what lay within the darkness; they had great powers imbedded in their minds which they used for good and for healing. Other teachers became known as the children's Guardian Protectors, who guided and oversaw the wee-three grow to be great.

And so, Raven, Skills and Emerge completed their journey by escaping the darkness together with their hearts filled with joy and life and love. And with these new abilities, the wee-three learned to live among us to this very day.

And that, my friends, is how the legend goes.