sixteen

Auston's POV:

It's been almost a week. A week since the incident between Morgan and I. A week since I've spoke to Brynn. I've gotten numerous phone calls from both Brynn and Mitch. Freddie has even gone as far as calling my mother to see if I was okay. I asked coach if I could take some time off. I flew back to Arizona. I've been staying with my parents just trying to think things through. I heard my phone buzz and looked to see who was calling me. Brynn. I picked it up and pressed answer.

"Thank god. I thought I was actually going to have to put out a search party for you." I let out a breathy laugh.

"I'm sorry." She sighed.

"I know. I just wish you would have called and talked to me. I heard you took some time off." I laughed.

"Just wanted to clear my head. I'm back in Arizona. I'll be here when the guys come to play them. Which will be in about 12 hours so they are already here most likely."

"Yeah so am I." I sat up a little more at her response.

"You are?" She giggled.

"Yeah. I travel with the team. I guess now would be the best time to tell you that." I went to speak up when my sister came into the room.

"Mom wants to know if you're going to invite anyone over for dinner?" I sat there for a minute before speaking up.

"Yeah I am. Tell her I'm inviting one person over." She walked downstairs and I spoke into the phone. "Brynn. I want you to come over to my family home for dinner tonight. I want you to meet my family."

I heard her let out a nervous laugh. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive. I want them to meet you." She laughs.

"Well if you think it's a good idea then I will be over for dinner." I smiled.

"I gotta go. I'll see you tonight Brynn." She said goodbye and I hung up and laid my phone down.

"Who's Brynn?" I groaned and turned to look at my little sister who was giving me a playful smirk.

"A friend." She giggled.

"Is it your girlfriend?" She started to laugh and I pushed her out of the door as I walked downstairs. She continued to pester me as we came face to face with my mother.

"Ma I'm gonna stick her head in a blender if she keeps bugging me." My mother just shook her head and laughed having heard all my useless threats I've used on both sisters throughout our lifetime.

"I set out a plate for your friend. Who is?" I stopped laughing and my little sister took it as the perfect chance to speak up.

"He is bringing a girl named Brynn over."

I groaned at my sister's input and put my head in my hands. "Breyana shut up!"

My mother turned to me and started probing me with questions. "Ma please! No questions just wait till dinner."

She narrowed her eyes at me and walked off to continue cooking. I looked at my younger sister and threw daggers her way. She just laughed and walked away.