Chap. 10- Proposals

They walked down the dimly illuminated corridor. Apart from the two of them the area around was uneasily devoid and suspiciously quiet. All few paces the female glanced over her shoulder with a displeased glare. Isamu followed her as close as her own shadow, forcing her to stumblingly accelerate her steps whenever his shoulder made harsh contact with her upper arm. He didn't even grant her the briefest moment of mental preparation as they finally reached the tremendous wooden entrance. [y/n] huffed indignantly as her form was pressed against the door while the man behind her extended his hand for the golden doorknocker. After the awaited permission to enter was heard, the surface she leaned against of necessity disappeared without a warning- just as her balance. Groaningly, the girl pulled herself on her knees and rubbed her cheekbone which had collided with the red velvet- carpet, cursing the rude ravenhead and his even ruder behavior. But as she turned her head to murder him with black looks, she found no sign of the long haired male. The only hint for his departure was the now closed exit. Eventually coming to the realization that she wasn't alone but actually locked in with another certain individual, discomfiture took hold. The girl scanned the room with disconcerting excitement. As she spotted a neatly dressed tall figure, standing in front of one of the ancient bookshelves, the temperature in the office seemed to drop rapidly.

Katsuro's gaze traced over the multiple books, his hands casually held behind his back and lost in his own world. That the male didn't react to the new attendant's presence irritated her- Each period of breathing that the man spent with examining the writings unsettled her more. She felt like time was powerless here, like anything outside of these quarters was endless far away, what trapped her in her position on the ground, her body motionless.

"[y/n]."

A shiver ran down the girl's spine as her ears picked up on the serious yet tender emphasis of her name. It was the way you would call out the name of a loved one after a heated debate, not nearly the way you would use to speak with an unfamiliar captive, and that put all the warning bells inside her head on full alert.

The male still hadn't taken his eyes of the literature as he spoke. "I don't think the floor is that comfortable." Now he finally looked at her. "Come here, take a seat- Let's talk face to face."

[y/n] gulped, challengingly returning his observing gaze, still half- sitting- half- kneeling on the ground. The tension was almost graspable. While he strode towards the writing table, his one hand gestured towards a thin yet elegant seat in front of it. Katsuro slowly sat down on his cushioned leather chair, his elbows on the shiny marble surface. His chin rested on his black gloves covering his folded hands; his smile expecting yet mocking. The girl remained on her spot. It was the mistrust that told her to stay away as much as possible. Nevertheless, every moment of her resisting silentness seemed to amuse him even more. Soon enough the situation appeared like a mute battle between the both of them, testing who would retreat first under the pressure of intensive and analyzing eye contact. The distrust in her orbs intensified. The blond's blithe smirk was clearly inauspiciously, making the addressed female want to turn around and flee right back in the narrow cubicle. She finally gained the overcoming to follow the man's offer which had been spoken with the severity of an order. The captive approached the item of furniture with wary steps as if she expected it to explode in the moment she positioned herself on the pollster. Now it was only the desk separating them. When she held out her arm she could reach his throat- The same was true of the other way around.

"Tea?"

The female snapped out of her thoughts as the man suddenly lifted a round tea can she hadn't noticed until now. It was a beautiful piece of pearl porcelain, adorned with serpentine pastel- turquoise dragons and branches of pale pink cherry blossom trees, so detailed drawn like only the talented hands of a real human could do; the handle and orifice made of seemingly real silver. Without waiting for her approval or refusal he purred the steaming liquid in a small bowl and calmly placed it in front of her. The bitter- sweet fragrance of jasmine blooms stroked her nose. Katsuro kept examining her, analyzing every touch of emotion he could find in the [e/c] deepness of her eyes while [y/n] unflinchingly held his gaze. Internally, it was making her more and more restless. She fought with herself to hold her upright and stiff posture, to keep her sweating hands calmly folded on her lap, and to not dig her nails in the wood of the seat. This is just a test, [y/n]. Just a test.
Outwardly patient, mentally not, she waited for the man to start the conversation.