Chapter 21 - It Started Out with a Kiss

Jack POV

This is bad. ThisisbadThisisbadThisisbad

"THIS IS SO BAD." I groan ruffling my hair as I pace around my room.

First, it was the chills down my spine. Second, it was my heart skipping beats. Then there were butterflies in my stomach. And now the butterflies are murdering each other.

My door slammed open and a sleep-deprived Peter comes into view in the doorway, "Shut the hell up people are trying to sleep."

This is very unexpected. He's the last person I'd expect to come knocking at my door—or slamming in this situation. To be honest, I'd imagine that he wouldn't even come knocking if the room was on fire. Wait scratch that, if that were to ever happen, he'd be the one to cause the fire anyways. But it never occurred to me that this guy really values his beauty sleep.

"You've been mumbling to yourself since 8:00, it's already 2 am." The death glare he gave off looked very out of character for him. His room is at the opposite end of the hallway. Was I that loud?

"H-Hold up! Quick question." I stop him before he retreats into the hallway. "Hey did you know Elsa played at the same frozen lake that we used to go to when we were younger?"

Just by the sound of her name, I got his full attention. "Hm... I think she's mentioned before."

I bit my pride and asked, "Did you know she was that one girl that beat me at hockey back then?"

"Really?! Yeah that's my Elsa." Peter's mood suddenly shifted back to his usual sunshine and lollipops attitude. "Always full of surprises."

'Your Elsa?' A sense of possessiveness overwhelmed me. She kissed me. Not you. Would he still talk like that once he knows I got to kiss her first before he ever will? I wonder how'd he react if I told him, but I resisted the urge to rub it in his face. "What do you see in her?"

His was perplexed at the question, "Why did something happen between you two?"

I scoff, "Wouldn't you like to know? What happens is only between me and my girlfriend."

"Fake girlfriend." He corrected bitterly.

"For now. But let's not discuss useless details." I said. I still hate the fact that he knows about our little game. It takes the fun out of everything. "If you answer my question, you won't hear another word from me tonight."

He looks like he was about to refuse but then rubs his eyes drowsily, "You may have already figured it out, but Elsa is different. In a good way. Despite how cold and distant she is, her actions are very warm and have a purpose." He grabs the doorknob and before shutting the door he says, "And most importantly... I knew she wouldn't fall for the likes of you."

That last line naturally put a competitive smirk upon my face. But what really intrigued me is what he said about her actions. That they were warm and have purpose. That kiss... was warm. Very warm.

But what was the purpose behind it?

[ The Next Day ]

I was a man on a mission. The moment I saw her in Mrs. Hearts class in the morning, I power walked up to her and asked, "Why'd you kiss me?"

Poking her nose out of her book, she looked up at me from her desk, "Why?"

"Yes why."

She cocked up an eyebrow, "Isn't that what your supposed to do on dates?"

"No I mean why." I emphasized.

"Why do you keep asking, is it because you have a disease or something."