Chapter 5- That's why they're called rumours

Revenge Games
Chapter 5

*THUMP*... *THUMP*... *THUMP* 

"So you work at McDonald's?"

"Yeah...It's a part-time job."

"Cool."

*THUMP*... *THUMP*... *THUMP*

"Can you stop hitting your head against the wall...?" Tristan's voice slurred, sweat trickling down his face.

"I can do whatever the hell I want... What are you, my mum...?!" I said, my voice in equal exhaustion.

"God, you are such a  Mcbitch...!"

"Ha ha, you're hilarious..." I roll my eyes at his humour.

"At desperate times like these, humour is my only way to ease the pain. Yours, on the other hand, is hitting your head against the wall and silently cursing in every language you know. Mostly Spanish though." he said, giving me an exhausted smile.

"Plus, I'd like to consider myself as a very punny guy..."

It's been half an hour since the elevator had broken down. It was dark inside this small, claustrophobic elevator room, but the torchlight coming from Tristan's phone lit the room up. It was boiling inside this compacted jail like room, I had removed my coat unable to bear the heat.

*THUMP*... *THUMP*... *THUMP*

My whole face felt heated, moist with a lining of sweat. I fan myself, desperate for some cool air, but the air coming from it couldn't even knock a paper down.

"That's it."

"Hey, what are you doing?! No don't take it off!" I cover my eyes as Tristan took his top off, my cheeks turn redder than it already was.  My hands stay covered for a while, until I couldn't bare the thrilling silence and peak through.

"Disappointed?" Said Tristan smirking wide. He had a singlet on. I let go of the air I had been holding in.

"Relieved actually."

"Sure you are... I could hear your drumming heart from a mile away." he smiled as sat back down next to me.

Sure that singlet was covering everything, but it was thin and left little to imagination. Why does he have to have a body you can't look away from?

"I don' like you." I mumbled.

"Well that's a bit hars-"

"Tristan, when was the last time I even talked to you?" his tried to protest something.

"You know who does like you though? Grace. She ADORES you, all she ever talks about is you."  I turn my head to look at him.

"Out of no where you ask her out. What the hell was that?! If it were me I'd be real suspicious, but to Grace, it was like winning the lottery." he tried to say something but I cut him off.

"She's way too gullible to realize what you've gotten her into. She doesn't know that this is all a game to you. In the end that game you're playing is going to destroy her." I emphasise each word.

"Please don't do this to her...There are so many other girls in our school desperate for your attention, notice them." I plead desperately.

He mumbled something under his breath.

"Huh?"

"I said, it's not the first time I've noticed her. I've always noticed her..."

There's a tinge of red on his cheeks and it feels like my eyes her playing tricks on me. What the actual hell?!