Chapter 10- Not so regretful evening Part 1

Revenge Games Chapter 10

There was this eerie silence between us.

Oh shit.

Why did I do that?!

What was I thinking?!

"Well... Um, if you want to spend it with me, that is. You can go home if you want, I'm sure you have better things to do and all." with a jolt of nervousness I stood up and headed for my bike, cursing at myself and trying to stop the embarrassment reaching to the surface.

Stupid stupid stupid

"Where are you going?" I snapped my head back, looking back at him with surprise.

He got up from the swings and gave me a slow smile.

"We have a date to get to, don't we?"

***

Our footsteps fall into the same pace.

"So where are we going?" I said, my arms on my bike.

"To the movies."

"Which Movie?"

"The Incredibles 2."

"Really? You were going show Grace a cartoon Movie? You are such a romantic boyfriend."

"Screw you, The Incredibles was my childhood. Besides, this was my first date, give me a break. There weren't any good movies, anyways. Jurassic world: fallen kingdom I've already watched twice an-"

"Wait, this was your first date?! I thought you were 'Wellington high's top player?? The man who got any girl he wanted." my eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh I don't date girls."  He shook his head slowly.

"No, they flock over to me, desperately wanting to sleep with me. Me, being the gentleman I am, agree. I give them the pleasure they want, they do the same back." he shrugged.

"It's not my fault they get their heartbroken, when they know my reputation. I'm just not interested in committing to a relationship I don't care about."

"Well if you just kept in your pants, none of that would've happened..." I mutter under my breath. 

"What?"

"Nothing." 

I guess what he said wasn't totally dumb and inaccurate. It made some type of sense at least. 

"This isn't a real date by the way. I'm just standing in for Grace." I said to clear any misunderstandings. 

"Oh, yeah?" his lips slowly lifts into a smirk, his body moving in closer to mine.

"Oh, no you don't. One metre. We have to stay one metre apart." He raises his hands up in surrender.

"Okay, good luck with that." he said with a feigned, innocent smile, which I replied with a glare.

"I bet you, the sequel is going to be as better than the first one. It's a continuation of the previous one, so it must be." I said with a stoic expression.

"What type of logic is that? I bet you the opposite." I look at him, my eyebrows arched.

"Okay, let's have a bet. If I'm right and the original is better than the sequel, you have to pay for all the arcade games I'll play after the movie." he said grinning.

"I know I'll win, so deal." I smirk back.

***

Bad move, Riley, bad move.