Chapter 1: Clan War Announcement

"Rock! Let's go!"
"Petra, wait! I'm still fixing my laces!"
"Hurry that up already!"
"I'm almost done!" He shouted and chased after me as soon as he finished tying his shoe laces.

We both ran up towards Ivan and Princess who were waiting for us on the top of the hill, the hill the 4 of us always played at. It was our favorite hill.

"What took you two so long?" Ivan asked us as he flicked both mine and Rock's forehead.

They were waiting for us for half an hour, so we unconsciously knelt down in front of Princess, who we know would snap first, and lowered our head as we asked for forgiveness.

"I'm sorry Princess, but it wasn't my fault. It was hers." Rock pointed me.
"Shut up! For the oldest one among us, you sure are childish!" I shouted at him.
"Shut up both of you! Tell me why you were late." Princess asked us irritatingly.
"Remember the time, Petra almost pulled my scalp off for bringing my shoes inside her house?" Rock asked.
"What about it? Pft." Princess asked, almost laughing off at the hilarious memory.
"Well, I was scared it would happen again, so I took my shoes off when I went into her house to wake her up. But as soon as I woke her up, she still had to take a bath while I prepared a meal for her. And when she finished eating, she quickly wore her sandals and started running off, leaving me tying my shoelaces annoyingly."
"Is. That. So." Princess glared at me and grabbed me by the head, crushing it. "So. It. Was. Your. Fault. Huh."
"Uwaahhhh!!! I apologize dear great Princess-sama, just please let me go before you completely crush my heaaddd!!!" I begged her, and Ivan patted her hand and told her to stop, it was only then that Princess quickly withdrew her hand and kept a distance between her and Ivan.

It was nothing unusual, Princess has always been scared of boys so she's never touched one before. In fact, she's never talked to any boys other than her brother and Ivan and Rock.

As my head was finally able to breathe, I looked at Ivan and held the hands that stopped Princess, "Bless the hands that saved me." I praised his hand and he only laughed, he then redirected his eyes to Rock and smiled.

"Don't be jealous Rock, we're only playing." He teased Rock, I don't really know what Rock could be jealous of, the fact that Ivan was able to touch Princess' hand just now? If he really likes Princess that much, he should force his way in towards her. Such a pitiful guy. I said and looked at him with pity.

"What are you looking at, dumb woman?" He mocked me.
"What the-! How dare you call me dumb! You idiot!" I shouted at him and sprayed him Water through my fingers.
"Why you!" He got annoyed and stood up and quickly chased me to get revenge.

We kept running around while Princess were shaking above tree and Ivan was simply laughing at all that's happening around him when a sudden flash in the sky appeared and it all took our attention.

"It's time." Rock said.

I stopped running and Rock just stood beside me, Princess got down from her tree and looked at the sky, Ivan got all serious and stared at the sky too.

A huge projection of someone suddenly appeared from the flash, it was girl with short hair and a cute outfit. When we saw her, we knew right away that it was the announcer.

"It is now the time for the annual Clan Wars! The clan that has the most scores wins, we all know that. I say this without a doubt, every living being already knows what a Clan War is, but for those new born babies who wishes to join a Clan in the future, I will explain the rules again so you guys will be prepared. A Clan War is... the name itself is already self explanatory, a war between clans. There are not much rules, the only rules you guys need to follow are that; don't leave the Clan War Ground Floor, or else you'll be killed on the spot by the Watchers, and no one is allowed to use any weapons, you may only use your powers as a Gemist. I know what's questioning your minds right now, it's a pretty common question. Can I kill someone? Yes, you can! You certainly can! Just like real wars, you can kill anyone, may them be from the same clan or not. It is the only time and place where you can kill anyone without going to the dungeon. You can use whatever tricks and techniques you have too, just as long as you don't break the two rules. There are time limits for this Clan War, it changes depending on the elders, but this time, the elders decided it to be 3 days. Just 72 hours guys, and when the time limits up, everyone must freeze and stop whatever they are doing, because if you don't the watchers assigned by the Elder will be forced to use time freeze in the Clan War Grounds and eradicate you while frozen, so you guys better watch out. Clan Wars always have a winner, this isn't any plain Wars. This is also a competition. The elders will be the scorers, they don't score you based on people you've killed but rather, the strength of your power, your control, your techniques and your plans. How do the elders know what's going on, you wonder? Well, they have their eyes all over the Clan War Grounds, so you guys better watch out. There are also times where the elders come inside the clan war ground to observe personaly, but the watchers are always there. You may be allowed to kill anybody in the Clan War but that doesn't apply to the elders and watchers, since their the elders and watchers after all. But not as if anybody can just kill them, I doubt that, but still watch out who you're attacking since attacking the elders is not allowed. Which reminds me, let me add one more rule, you guys are not allowed to dress like the elders so you can avoid being attacked. Please don't sully the names of the elders, because if you do, I'll personally kill you without second thoughts. Understood? Well, that is all, see you guys and have fun with the Clan War, may you be blessed with Gemarie Jane Allystar's spirit." And just like that, the person's image from the sky disappeared.

"It's another time for a clan war." Rock said.
"Another time for the dark war." Princess corrected.

The four of us, looked at the sky with dismay. If clans were for prestigious name and fun, then we don't want to be part of them. We value the lives of people. Clan wars, isn't an excuse, it's still war and people still die. We all looked down.

"Hey guys, why don't we go to the village and see what's going on?"
"Petra, do you really want to go to the place where we are shunned?" Ivan asked.
"We're clanless Petra, they will only say we're cowards. Well, not that I disagree with them."
"Princess..." I called out to her.
"Not really, we're not cowards. We're just not interested." Rock said.
"Says the man who was invited to a lot of clans but rejected them all." Ivan looked at him.
"I'm not interested in joining a clan without my friends in it." He said and we all smiled.
"Are you sure it's us you want to be with, or her?" Ivan teased him and I saw Rock blushing so I teased him along with Ivan. "So that's how it is, haaaa~"
"Shut up you two." He spat such cold attitude towards us. I got mad and raised my sleeves, "Why you!"

I started chasing him again, I was only teasing him because he wouldn't make a move at Princess at all. Princess is a clueless girl, she's a cute, sweet, and caring girl, who anyone would easily fall in love with at first glance, how much more if you know her. Sadly, Princess is not very easy to talk with for a guy, because if men were to go near her, she would dash at full speed. We, or rather I, don't know how she came with the fear of men, but if Rock would just push a bit further, he can clear Princess' fear and claim her for himself. Sheesh, so what's with the attitude!