But Why?

Darren went to his room to change from the suit he'd worn ito a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. He then went and sat beside his girlfriend.He had seen her suit case in his room and7 he was pretty sure she had no plans of going back home anytime soon.But he decided to act dumb so that he could hear it from the horse's mouth. He sat there silently for some time and when he realised tha Effie was not in the mood for a conversation, he went to the kitchen to fix something for their tummies. He was tired from work and did not want to pick a fight with Effie so he just decided to let her be and paddle his own canoe.

"who did you almost kill my dear? Darren asked her.
"Spare that for later and serve me some food. Where is your manners?"Effie said and laughed sarcastically. Darren knew pretty well that she did not want to talk about whatever had happenned. The couple ate,watched a movie and retired to bed. Birds were chirping melodiously and Darren woke up and for he knew how lazy his girlfriend was,he prepared breakfast for the both of them. He then took a shower and dressed up ready to leave for work. When he was all ready, he took his breakfast and left for work but he first wrote Effie a note.

Morning sweetheart.. it felt so warm sleeping beside you and if not for my job... I'd have opted to feel the warmth but I had no any other option but to leave. Your breakfast is on the kitchen table and dont cook lunch I have odered you pizza.. they will deliver it later. I will be back early today. Good day and take care of your self for me. I love you hun.

Darren was the type of man that every girl dreams of. He was the loyal type that would not give in to any type of seduction,one that would do anything for the woman he loves and he loved dearly with all his heart but little did he know the heartbreak that awaited him.How could I forget?? He was good looking... yes handsome. He had just the perfect height,dark in complexion and a physically fit body.
Just as the responsible man that he was, he decided to tell Effie's parents that Effie was at his place because he was sure that sge had not told them and they were sick worried about her whereabouts.

He did not take long at Effie's since he had a tight schedule for the day. He just wanted to inform her parents where she was. "Please do take care of her for us. If she brings trouble at all dont hesitate to call us"said Effie's mother as she opened the gate for him and he drove off.

"Did I make a mistake dating this Effie girl??? Trouble seems to be at her beck and call. Damn!!!she almost killed her dad for goodness sake!!! She got the guts!! She's some spoilt bitch" that was Darrens monologue as he seems to regret ever laying his eyes on Effie. Darren arrived at his office but no matter how hard he tried to pull himself together and concentrate... he couldn't. He had already made up his mind. He was going to break up with Effie that exact day. He could not bear the fact that he was in a relationship with one callous and inhumane bitch who didn't give a hoot about anyone else or their feelings other than her selfish self.

He was in too much distress and restlessness when he decided to call it quits and just head back to his house and throw Effie out. He called his secretary and told her to cancel all his plans for the day and he left the office. He did not intend to hurt Effie so as he approached his house he tried to compose himself before he could act irrational and worsen the situation.

He knocks at his door for a while before Effie shows up drowsy and he just realises she had been asleep. She never bothers to attend school. With no greetings he just storms in and heads straight to his bedroom.

"Not even a Hi?"growls Effie. She shuts her mouth immediately she realises his stern gaze towards her and his reddened cheeks already burning up in furry. He recklessly packs Effies clothes that are scattered here and there in his room. He brings her siutcase to the living room and in a flat tone he hisses some words out..." we need to talk Effie."

"Okay but why is my suitcase on the table?"

"Because I want you to leave. I...nee.. no we need a break. I just am getting overwhelmed by our relationship. I need to tgink straight and clearly. All am saying is that we end this for now." He paused to take a glance at Effie to see her reaction to this before he could continue and make matters worse.Her face did not read any emotion and for a moment... he thought that he had made a wrong decision but no he hadn't.

"I know u dont want to go home but I still aint ready to stay with you. I'll help you check in in an hotel room.Dibs on me." Said Darren.

"No... you cant do that to me baby.... what will people say in school? Please Darren you cant breakup with me."Effie begged.

After a long time of arguing and reasoning together... Effie did not give in to Darren's request. Bearing in mind that he had promised her parents that he would take care of her,thats the reason he had offered to get her a hotel room other than kicking her out on the street. Since Effie did not agree with Darren, he dragged her out and took her to one of the expensive hotels in town and for a moment she sighed...."It wasn't that bad after all.....my friends wont know that we broke up and they'll see this fancy resturant."

After helping her settle Darren went back to his house and after such an eventfull  day, he slept off.Darren thought things over and he thought that he had been mean with Effie. "She has not done me wrong anyway. Her problems with her family do not concern me." He thought to himself.He slept till late in the morning.Being a weekend ge wasn't going to work.He felt lonely and he decided to call Effie and invite her over to his place. He then booked a reservation for them called in  Millie's exotic resturant.It was supposed to be a makeup date.

"I am really really sorry hun for my behaviour yester night. I shouldn't have thrown you out. I spent the night all alone and I felt that vaccum.... a deep abyss of lonliness thats when I realised how much i love you. I need you to come back to our house hun. Am sorry hope you can be kind enough to forgive me." Darren suonded so remorseful and gave Effie those charming puppy deep blue eyes of his.

"Hey its nothing baby... its good you realised your mistake sooner before it got too late." Effie saideith a tinge of pride in her tone. Effie was the kind of person who thought of herself as a goddess and wanted people to always adore her. So they finished their date and passed by the hotel to pick Effie's stuff ,which they did and went back home. The went to their bedroom where they began making out but before it resulted into something else,they decided to go ahead and sleep.
They cuddled to keep each other warm,kissed each other goodnight and off they went to slumber land.