Chapter 24 Orange

Your POV

I begin to panic, frantically searching for Kenny. I dive back under, but he's just not here. I surface, "Kenny! I scream, praying for a response that never comes. The sun begins to set and I reluctantly swim to shore. It seems everyone has gone home. I turn back and stare at the pond, the realization of Kenny's disappearance finally dawning upon me. Tears flow from my eyes as I mourn the death of Kenny McCormick.

At home, in fresh, dry, warm clothes, I grab my coat, preparing to tell everyone about Kenny. My hand on the door handle, a knock on the door startles me. Stan and Kyle stand in the doorway, their worried expressions fades upon viewing me. Stan immediately grabs me, pulling me into a hug. "Christ, thank God you're alright!" He utters softly, holding me tightly. "(Y/N), what the hell happened?" Kyle asks. As Stan pulls away from the hug, I can't bear to tell them about Kenny. I plaster a smile of lies on my face, choking back tears, "K-Kenny and I, we went to the store and . . . got carried away. They seem slightly disappointed, hoping for a better story. "Well," Stan starts, "We should get going." They walk off as I linger in the doorway, unable to control my tears. I step outside, figuring out how to tell Kenny's family the horrors I witnessed.

I stand outside the worn down door of the McCormick household. My fist raised, ready to knock and perturb the silence. My hand won't move. My breath is ragged. My tears are constant. I am broken. My fist slowly falls, unable to carry on with my plan, but I need closure. I just need to see it one last time. I want to see Kenny's room just once more. I slowly trudge through the snow, passing window by window. With heavy heart, I find myself at the window. His window. The shades are down but a shard of light still shines out. I pay it no mind as I pull the window up and step inside, slapping the shades out of my way. The light blinds me for a moment, but when my vision returns, the first thing I see is orange. Bright orange. It's a parka. The parka is on a boy. The boy holds a magazine, a porn magazine. It can't be. As soon as I see his eyes, I know. I know it's him. His bright blue eyes are a dead giveaway. He's alive. Tears swell up in my eyes as he says muffled, "(Y/N), what the hell are you doing here?" I muster up a whisper. "You're alive."

Kenny's POV

My eyes widen as she speaks those two little words. "Y-You remember? H-how?" I close the magazine, placing it on the floor next to me. She just stands still, crying softly, head hung low. "(Y/N)." I stand up and walk towards her. "(Y/N)." I whisper again. Suddenly, she grabs me by the parka, pulling me into a deep kiss. The shock quickly fades and I wrap one arm around her waist, the other on the back of her head. After a few minutes, we pull away, leaving a trail of spit. "Never leave me again," she cries, burrowing her head in my chest. "Never." I whisper, holding (Y/N) close, never wanting to let go ever again.