10

"Ouch

"Ouch..."

"Sorry, I'll try not to put as much pressure on it." Taehyung apologised as he dabbed Jeongguk's wounds with a wet cloth.

Jeongguk looked terrible. One side of his face was completely swollen and his side had a huge purple bruise from being shoved into the chair. Looking at him made Taehyung feel like shit, knowing that he was the cause of this.

"Lift up your shirt for a sec."

Jeongguk obeyed, lifting his shirt so that his bruise was visible. Taehyung carefully pressed a bag of frozen peas against it, making Jeongguk wince at the sudden cold.

Taehyung sighed as he looked at Jeongguk's injuries. He felt awful. If he had known that Yoongi was going to be so aggressive he wouldn't have reacted as he did. He knew Yoongi was the one who bet Jeongguk up but he still felt responsible for it.

"Yoongi's a good guy," Jeongguk whispered. "It's the alcohol that makes him go crazy."

"Why does he drink then?" He didn't understand why Yoongi continued to drink, knowing that he hurts people around him when he does.

Jeongguk groaned as he laid down in his bed, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. "He has a lot of shit going on in his life. It's not easy for him."

Taehyung nodded. "Understandable."

He flicked the lights off and tried to sleep. It wasn't working, though. He couldn't sleep. Every time he closed his eyes he would see Yoongi standing above him, and in his hand was the glass bottle he used to smash on top of Yoongi's head.

It made him feel sick, he hated violence and the fact that he himself used his own hands to hurt someone intentionally messed him up. All of his morals and his beliefs of violence were completely gone.

He lay there, on the hard floor, staring up at the ceiling. He didn't know what to do anymore. He couldn't fix this. He couldn't go back and stop Yoongi from hurting him and Jeongguk, he couldn't go back and stop them from robbing that convenience store.

Taehyung thought that running away would give him freedom or some independence. But running away just gave him a whole lot of shit to deal with and the amount of guilt on his shoulders was unbearable.

He stood up and opened the door carefully, walking out into the hallway. He couldn't fix the past, he knew that. But he could fix the future. He was going to apologise to Yoongi and talk it out with him. He didn't want to have an endless feud with Yoongi, he wanted to genuinely wanted to create a friendship with him.

Yoongi seemed to have left his door open, or Namjoon forgot to close it. It was understandable, as Yoongi passed out on the floor and closing the door was probably the last thing on their minds.

Taehyung peered through the small opening before knocking, to check if they were asleep.

His heart dropped.

He covered his mouth, muffling his sobs. He couldn't look away.

Yoongi lightly pressed his lips against Namjoon's, Namjoon accepted the sudden kiss, pushing Yoongi down on the bed. The light kisses turned more passionate and Yoongi pulled Namjoon closer, deepening the kiss.

Namjoon turned his head slightly to see Taehyung standing at the door, in tears.

He released as soon as he saw him, lifting himself off Yoongi. "Taeh-"

Taehyung was already gone before Namjoon could utter his name. He ran for the door, opening and then slamming it behind him.

He didn't know where he was going, he was being lead by heartbreak.

He stopped in the middle of the foot path, taking deep breathes to calm himself down. Running was pointless. He was just running away from his problems instead of facing them, creating an even bigger ditch that he was in originally.

He wiped his eyes as tears rapidly fell down his sunken face. He couldn't do anything, he was powerless. He couldn't change the past, the future or the present.

He was stuck in this damn ditch that just kept getting deeper and deeper the more he tried to get out of it.

He had no home, he had no family, he had no friends, he had no Namjoon. He had nothing but a broken heart.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I forgot to mention in the other chapter, thank you so much for 1k reads. I really enjoy writing this and I'm so glad that people enjoy reading this too so thank you for supporting this book!