Chapter two

Regina's POV

As I strolled though this new enchanting land I took in all of the new sights and smells. Everything was so new and different from the confining walls of the palace. All the girls wore beautiful dresses and everyone was smiling. I finally felt free, free to have an adventure  and not worry about queen responsibilities.

I came across a stable and I decided I should keep Rocinante here for a while whilst I explored. This was so exciting, I hadn't felt this free in a long time.

I continued making my way through this new strange yet wonderful land smiling at people as I passed. The. I saw it, a large house, I don't know what but something about to made me curious, like a magnet pulling me to it. I made my way towards the house and went round the side of the house to where I heard muffled voices. Then I saw it, there were two boys with there backs to me and a woman in front of the lighter heard man. He was either hugging her or kissing her. I went to walk away but as I did I stepped on a twig causing it to snap. The lighter haired male turn around. Then I realised the woman had blood dripping down her neck and the mans eyes were vainy and his teeth were sharp. This wasn't an ordinary man and his eyes have now noticed me.

Without hesitation I ran through the town as fast as I could without drawing attention to myself. I knew I was being followed and I knew I wasn't fast enough but I wasn't going to give up and face the same fate as that woman. The footsteps behind me got louder and louder within second and then I felt a hand on my shoulder. This is it, this is the end of my wonderful adventure and the start of a terrible nightmare. "I didn't see anything I swear! Don't hurt me" I said and I slowly turned around to face what was chasing me.