Chapter 1

Sonic's P.O.V

I say, "but... I don't want to get married!" Sally asks, "Why not? We are old enough, we love each other, and this is the only time where I can get married to someone. We dated before! We know each other better than most people. And you are the prince of Queen Aleena. It is only right if we marry each other." I say, "i...I'm not ready to marry yet! And anyways, we broke up! Remember the reason why? I didn't want to end up staying in one place, ruling over people. I want to be free not stuck in a castle!" Sally says, "Well, even if you don't want it, my mom and your mom are having a meeting. I overheard them agreeing on us getting married." I say, "That can't be true. My mom promised me I could choose who I marry, when I want to marry." Sally says, "Well I guess she was lying." I sigh and say, "I... I need time to think." Sally sighs in defeat and says, "Fine. I'll leave you alone for now." 

Sally left. I felt tears swelling up. I sit down on the cliff. I sigh. I don't want to get married to Sally. I don't love her anymore. It is like she is forcing me to marry her whether I like it or not. I'm the hero of Mobius. I have an archnemise, i have friends, I have rivals, I have a life full of adventures, and she just comes into my life again, telling me I have to marry her. To give everything away just to be with her and work all day in a castle. It isn't fair. I hear footsteps behind me and a deep voice ask, "What is wrong faker?" I say, "nothing." Shadow sits next to me and says, "You are a bad liar faker. Just tell me what is wrong." I sigh and tell him everything. Shadow didn't seem to know what to say after that. Shadow says, "Well... I don't know what to tell you since I have never been in a situation like that but.. I think you should talk to your mother. She seems like someone that would understand." I say, "But... Sally said my mom was discussing it with her mother and they agreed on my marriage with her." 

Shadow says, "Sally could have lied. And anyways, your mother wouldn't force you to do something you don't want to do. If your mother promised she wouldn't plan your marriage, she wouldn't. And if she did, you just have to tell her no. Even if she is your mother, you need to stand up for what you want. You have obligation to yourself. You can't let someone step all over your life. You have to take charge even if you don't think you can, even if you don't want to." I look at him and smile sadly. I say, "Thanks Shadow." I was surprised when Shadow smiled back slightly. Shadow says, "no problem... Sonic." Shadow walks off. I look at him and think, "I know what is holding me back. The thing that makes me really depressed about the idea of marrying Sally. That thing is my desire to be with Shadow instead."