Chapter 2

Sonic's P.O.V

I say, "And that is about it." Tails says, "Well... I'd say to follow Shadow's advice. Even if your mom is Queen Aleena, I think it would be best to make it clear that you refuse to be a part of Aunt Sally's life. And if she gets mad at the fact that you said no, I guess you can just run out of there and avoid her." I say, "Well.. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it." I run to my mom's castle. the guards asks, "Who goes there?" I say, "Sonic the hedgehog." The guards bow and apologize, "We're sorry my prince. Come on in."

I walk inside. I see a maid walk by. I ask, "Do you know where my mother is?" The maid says, "I'm sorry but I don't know. But I know that your siblings are in the dining room." I nod and walk to the dining room. I saw Sonia and Manic talking. I greet, "hey." They jumped in surprise and turn to me. Sonia and Manic smile brightly and hug me tightly. Manic says, "We missed you bro. How have you been?" I say, "I could be better." Sonia and Manic let go of me and looked at me worried. Sonia asks, "What is wrong?"

I say, "Well... I just figured out that I have to marry Sally." Sonia asks, "What is wrong with that? Last I checked, you guys loved each other. You guys loved each other even after breakups." I say, "Well it has been a while since you last saw me. I have moved on. I don't have an interest in Sally. I... actually love someone else. But when I said I don't want to get married, she told me that our moms agreed that we were to get married."

Sonia says, "but. Mom would never do that." I say, "I thought that too. But I just came here to ask if it is true and if it is, I was going to say no." Manic asks, "Saying no to our mother after an agreement she had with another kingdom?" I say, "Well. A friend of mine told me that I shouldn't be afraid to do it since I have obligations to myself. I have the right to say no, even if it is to my mother."

Manic asks, "you were afraid of telling mom: no?" i nod and say, "I mean, she is the mom and the queen. And whatever your mom/the queen says something will happen, it must happen. So I was afraid what might happen if I do say no." Sonia says, "Mom would never hurt you bro." I say, "I.. I know that. I'm just a little paranoid on what may happen if I say no. Anyways, where is mom?" Manic says, "she's in the library. Come on, I'll show you where the library is." We walk over to the library. I open the door slowly. I see mom reading a book. She looks up and her eyes widen. Queen Aleena asks, "Sonic? What are you doing here?" I say, "I... I came here to know if what Sally told me was true. Mom... did you arrange a marriage for me and Sally?" Queen Aleena says, "yes i did. Is that a problem? I thought you two loved each other." My eyes widen. She did arrange my marriage. She promised me she wouldn't! My fist clenches. I try to stay calm and say, "yes it is a problem. I don't love her mom. I love someone else." Queen Aleena says, "you don't? I wish you had told me sooner cause I can't do anything anymore. I have already made a deal with Sally's mom." I felt even more rage then I did earlier. I growl not being able to keep my anger in much longer, "you promised you wouldn't arrange my marriage! You said that I would choose who I marry!" Mom says, "you are almost 18 years old. You are the oldest child. You have to marry someone soon. And I thought you still loved Sally."

I couldn't take it anymore. I snap, "well maybe you should have talked to ME before making that decision! You should have talked to the person that is supposed to get married before making an agreement that you can not get out of! Just because I was coming to that age doesn't mean you can just assume who I love and arrange a marriage without me knowing!" Mom says sternly, "calm down Sonic."

I growl, "I don't need to calm down! You are the one that needs to calm down! Calm down with getting involved in my personal love life! I want to be able to make my own decisions! I don't want someone to make the decision for me!" Mom says, "Sonic-" I interrupt her, "I don't want your sorry, I don't want your lectures, and I don't care about your damn agreement! I won't marry Sally!" I run out of the room before mom could say anything to me. I let tears poor down my muzzle. I can't believe my own mom would do this! And here I thought Sally was lying. Sonia and Manic see me run out of the castle and realizes what happened. Sonia and Manic look at the direction I ran and thinks sadly, "oh Sonic."