February 15

Ace did not show up to school on Thursday, February 15.

Sera noticed that she hadn't seen him all day, but she tried not to worry too much. A little voice inside of her wondered if she'd managed to scare him away accidentally, but she tried not to think about it too much. After all, maybe they had just accidentally not bumped into each other all day?

Ace did not show up to school on Friday, February 16.

Seraphine didn't want to consider the very real possibility that Ace was avoiding her, but she had to face the facts; she'd made things incredibly awkward. She hoped that they could still be friends, at least.

Ace did not show up at the park on Saturday, February 17. Ace did not show up at the park on Sunday, February 18.

Sera had tried calling him, but Ace had never picked up. She gave up on Sunday afternoon, figuring that maybe he just needed some alone time over the weekend and she must be annoying him.

Ace did not show up to school on Monday, February 19.

Sera was really starting to worry. She'd been looking forward to Geography class with Ms. Cochrane, since she knew that Ace was in that class with her, but he hadn't been there. Maybe he's... sick.

It was hard to imagine Ace Renshaw sick. She'd begun to think of him as invincible. It seemed like nothing could hurt him. Ace Renshaw and vulnerable did not go together.

Ace did not show up to school on Tuesday, February 20.

Lynne noticed that Sera seemed more anxious than normal. She tried to get Seraphine to tell her best friend what was bothering her, but was unable to get anything out of her.

Ace did not show up to school on Wednesday, February 21.

Sera was forced to acknowledge that something must be wrong. She couldn't focus on anything. All day, every day, she wondered, is Ace okay? She prayed and prayed that Ace would come back, that he'd come back safe and sound...

Ace showed up to school on Thursday, February 22.

He did not come back safe and sound.

.: END OF PART ONE :.

If you're enjoying the story, remember to vote for it so that others can discover the world of ACES as well! Every single vote and comment means so much to me.