The Arrival

It may have been disgusting and putrid, but I assured myself I could cope. I looked at the fellow children dropped off at Murtley, and exchanged glances with a female teenager I knew to be named Bolt, who was often bullied at school for her poor background. Personally, I saw nothing wrong with her.

For starters, she was very kind: no, generous. She was known to return any lost items to it's owner- however spiteful he or she had been to her in the past, and was rewarded with one - if lucky two - days of freedom from that person without being insulted. Secondly, she was beautiful: picture perfect. Her naturally coloured hair ranged from raging red to pearl like pink. Her clothes may not be featured in the latest fashion magazine, but they weren't that horrendous. They're nicer that what the popular students wear.

I was gazing into thin air - well, intoxicating air - when Bolt approached me.

"Umm... Hey," she mumbled, "It's Blossom, right?"

It took me about 10 seconds to realise she spoke to me, as I was lost in my daydreams.

"Wha-" I stuttered cluelessly. "I mean, yeah..."

It was weird that someone except Flare was talking to me. Not in a bad way particularly, though. In fact, I quite liked it.

"It's so awful we have to come to this place, it's atrocious!"

"I know..." I hesitated before saying, "they could of sent us to a half-decent place, at least."

"Yeah, not this place, it's gross!" she exclaimed apoplectically.

I glanced at Sandy, a child known to get ill very regularly, and saw him vomit at the smells and gases!

We both yelled in unison, "Eww!!!" before hastily looking away and giggling far too loudly, so much so that an enforcing citizen felt the need to scream at the top of her lungs. I would have sworn my ears went fuzzy from then on.

Soon we were called to a small hut. It was run down and ugly, and boiling on the inside, which simply enhanced the smells and made it putrid! Talk about torture! We were put into multiple groups with our new 'roomies' and I was glad to say me and Bolt are to be sent to the same family, the Retcher's. Bleh. Even the name of the family sounds like a chaotic nightmare. Also a kid named Coco is to be in the same residence as us, but I don't even recognise him from school. He seems nice enough though, I think we'll get along rather nicely.

"wow, I bet this family will treat us like royalty" said Coco in a sarcastic tone, "It'll be luxurious!"

Me and Bolt looked at each other and smirked. My smirk quickly dropped when Coco's witty comebacks and sarcasm reminded me of Flare, who is probably living in luxury on Cezté.

Damn, I miss her.

A thud echoed through the hut and a silhouette appeared.

The Retcher's were here...