Chapter Two

"My name is Jack...Jack Rodriguez," he said with the same business face on, "now onto more serious subjects." I nodded prompting him to continue. "Have you ever wondered if there was a bigger force controlling the earth's spin on its axis or how the seasons change from winter to spring?" he said with a serious face. By now I was surprised that he could still keep his face straight. I mean he's gotta be joking me. Who breaks into someone's house to just talk about the weather and space? Yet a small part of me was believing him, as crazy as that sounds.

"Are you talking about science?" I questioned him with my eyebrows raised.

"No, a far greater source, a more powerful source that you can only dream of," he continued with a look of that a history teacher would show their students when they were talking about their favorite war. "A force that Nahums call Magic."

Magic? Is he talking about the Harry Potter kind of magic? Or the trick that looks like magic, because if this Jack guy is some sales man who broke into my house just to sell me some dumb gimmick then I will gladly kick him out. And what are Nahums? My expression of confusion must've been very evident because he soon after started talking again.

"I know this is really hard to imagine but we don't have much time, so if you have questions ask now," he finished while looking behind at the front door as if expecting something to come crashing in. Now you must understand that I just 10 minutes before I had been sitting by my window relaxing. I was flabbergasted, but by his expression which looked very serious, told me otherwise.

However, before I could ask my first question the door came thrashing down. In the doorway stood a big burly man. He had jet black that was ruffled as if he had just rolled out of bed. He had sun-kissed skin with dark green eyes that would remind of the forest. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a black blazer on top of it with black jeans on the bottom. He was staring directly at me with his emerald eyes blazing.