step brother

ethan stepped into his new home. it smelled of cinnamon and pumpkin. he hated cinnamon.

"sean!" a female voice chirped. it was lisa dibello's voice, her new jersey accent prominent.

the woman rushed over to ethan's father, entangling him into a large hug that made ethan squirm. he also hated hugs.

"lisa" ethan heard his father hum. he knew he loved her, but he missed his mom. his real mom, not his stepmom, lisa.

"hello, ethan." he heard her voice again, making his head snap up. he was looking at his old, worn out shoes before.

he nodded softly. ethan had always been a shy kid. he hated new people, familiar people, any people.

"well let me get going and show you to your room. you'll be next to my son, grayson's, room." lisa smiled, placing a hand on ethan's shoulder that he just shrugged off, uncomfortable with the contact.

the small, new family began walking up the stairs to all the rooms, "this one right here! it's one of the larger ones at our house." the stepmom winked at ethan, making him squirm. she was only trying to make him feel at home.

"i'll leave you to it! make the room yours and i'll show your dad our new room."

ethan walked into his room. it was big, medium. he couldn't tell which.

he set his suitcase down by the door, walking towards his closet. a knock at his door caused him to jump.

"hello" a smooth voice hummed. ethan turned to see a boy leaning against his door frame.

ethan thought he was ugly, no he didn't. but that's what he had to tell himself because that was his brother.

"you gonna say hello back?"

ethan looked down and blushed. he didn't talk to new people.

"fine. need help?" the boy, who ethan figured out was grayson, asked.

ethan nodded softly, making his chocolate curls bounce softly. he loved his long hair.

grayson nodded and walked into the dark blue room. it was his old room, but he had to give it up for ethan.

"i'll help with the clothes" "no? i'll do the clothes" ethan butted in, finally talking. he liked his clothes in a specific order.

"alright.. i'll get your bedding from downstairs and make your bed then" grayson decided before sending his new brother a warm smile. he liked ethan's voice. it was very soft.

ethan grabbed all his clothes from his suitcase and began to sort them into colors. reds, pinks, greens.

his organization process was interrupted by grayson reentering his room, placing down his bedding.

"don't let me stop your whole mojo" the younger boy laughed, motioning towards the boy crouched on the floor surrounded my piles of clothes.

ethan blushed, turning around so he couldn't see grayson looking at him anymore.

"ethan, do you ever talk? have fun? be risky?" the smooth voice interrupted again.

ethan shook his head. he wasn't the wild type. he liked the safety of his room and his own family.

"i'll show you fun"

ethan shook his head again, still facing the other way. he was like a child.

"aw, come on!" grayson pouted as he unfolded the sheets, putting them onto ethan's bed.

a small smile creeped onto ethan's face. maybe he should have fun with grayson. probably not.

"how about.. have you ever kissed someone?"

once again, the boy shook his head. he didn't like contact.

"then kiss me! i promise it's fun. you'll be a total bad boy if you do." grayson teased, sitting down on ethan's halfway made bed.

"i know that's not true. you are not supposed to kiss your siblings"

"but what about step siblings?"

ethan frowned. he wasn't sure if that was bad or not. so he shrugged as an answer.

"come on. kiss me." the younger pushed ethan, smirking, but he couldn't see that. his back was still turned.

eventually, after thinking over it, ethan stood up, turning to face grayson. his hands were shaking and his cheeks were red.

"fine. i'll kiss you."

"great." grayson stood up, walking over towards his step brother, making sure to dodge his piles of clothes.

he connected their lips in one swift motion, smiling into it.

ethan had no clue what was happening. he was kissing a boy, his new brother. he was very inexperienced, but grayson was still amused.

"what a bad boy"