Chapter 13

I was carrying Junior when he asked for something to drink. James and Isco looked as if they were enjoying the sun and peacefulness. I set Junior down, giving him a juice box. He smiled and said thank you.
"Now what were you people talking about?"
James looked as if he recognized someone and had a sense of panic in his eyes. The moment Junior said "Mama!" I looked at Isco. He was staring in the same direction as James. Isco's eyes were brimmed with disappointment. I looked in their line of sight to display similar effects. Junior spotted his biological mother in the park holding hands with Marco Asensio pushing a pram.

One of my main values is that to listen to whatever crap excuse the person has and then lose your shit. Isco, unfortunately, could not bare the sight while assuming the worst possibilities. He got up and left after asking me gently if I would mind keeping Junior while they walked over. I agreed.
"Hey Alicia, Marco how are you guys?"
James moved closer smiling almost implying that he reiterates what I said.
"Oh we are good thank you! We just decided to take our little girl for a walk."
At the word "our" I flinched. I knew Marco and I were nothing, less than nothing, but I couldn't help but feel the familiar pang in my heart as he looked at me. I was staring at their hands clasped around one another and the diamond ring on her ring finger. I snapped out of my daze when James replied, "Lia over here thought it was a good idea to take Junior out for a picnic and Francisco went to get something out the car." Marco's smile faltered at this showing just how plastic it was. He knew Isco was beyond upset at this point and that they should leave before anything happened. "Mama, I want to go back to my future wife please!" James and I bursted out laughing while Alicia looked confused. "So our afternoons spent teaching this kid to call you that was worth it?"
"Yep James just for that priceless moment."
He looked at me and winked. I knew trouble was about to be arriving in abundance. He put his arm around me. I leaned on him as Marco seemed to be getting more uncomfortable by the second. "But I thought I was your future husband?" Marco's face turned red as he tried to not show his discomfort. He basically chased Alicia and their child while they said their goodbyes and left.

Isco returned shortly after with red rings around his eyes. James took Junior to the swings knowing we needed to talk. Isco is a very closed off person. He chooses to reveal his feelings to only a select few. Me being one, James and Alvaro being the other two.
"So was what I saw an accurate depiction of whatever fucked up relationship is going on there?"
"I don't want to see you this broken but I will never lie to you so I don't know what to say."
"The truth. That's all I've wanted and expected from everyone in my life."
"There's a ring on her finger and it's their child." My voice wavered revealing the affect it had on me as well. He hugged me. As much for his pain as mine.

James suggested a onesie movie night while staying over. Junior was probably the most excited. This kid had the ability to make all of us smile, especially Isco. The one thing I admired most of him was that he always put Junior first no matter the situation. He would miss the El Classico to take him to a regular check up at the Doctor's office.

I drove us to Isco's place while James and I waited in the car. James had a drawer in another guest bedroom with his clothes at Cris' house. That's how close they are. Music played in the background as we all were lost in our thoughts. Isco especially. When we reached the house, James walked in with Junior while Isco and I sat in the car. I put my hands on my face exhaling. He did the same. I hugged him needing the comfort almost as much as him. We broke away looking each other in the eyes. "Thank you, you don't realize how much I need you right now."
"I'll always be here for you Isco. Anything I can do to help you, I'll do willingly."
"Now let's go inside and get this party started!"
We walked into the house as if nothing that afternoon had happened. James sat smirking to himself. I would normally question his motive for that smile but I decided I've had enough drama for a lifetime today.

We ended up having a Disney marathon much to James' and Junior's pleasure. By the time I woke up around 2 in the morning James had relocated to his place in the other guest room along with Junior. Isco on the other hand was on the other side of the couch knocked out. I tapped him on the shoulder to attempt to wake him up gently. He wouldn't budge. I shook his shoulder while he vaguely responded. He got up while leaning on me, nearly crushing me with his weight, as I lead him to Cris' room as that was the only room besides Cris Jr and my room left. We finally reached his bed no thanks to him. I dropped him on the bed as his arm around my shoulder carried me with him. I struggled to get up while he was still holding me, now around my waist. He pulled me closer to him and I had no energy to fight it. I needed comfort in any case not that I was willing to admit it.