[5/7]

5/7: ESCAPE

She always liked going up to the roof.

It was often windy up there, the breeze whistling an empty tune as it skirted the slate grey tiles, bored, lonely, just like her. She liked it because it didn't have a voice of its own. It couldn't sneer at her or make judgements of its own. It just brushed past, uncaring.

It was afternoon and the sky was grey, clouded. A smooth monochrome canvas.

It seemed even the sun had abandoned her. Given up.

She sighed and looked down. Mist was rising up from the ground, swirling around the rooftop like faces, ghostly, reaching out with deceptive smile, open arms - deceptively open, arms that she would fall straight through and hit the ground instead.

But they sure were welcoming. She could fall right into those arms...

"You shouldn't be up here."

She'd felt herself swaying, ever so slightly forwards, but that voice made her jump, backwards this time, away from those arms, those smiles, those sweet whispers.

It was him. The boy with the black hair, the boy who had her escape plan etched on his heart.

She bowed her head and moved further away from the edge. There were railings, but would they have stopped her fall?

They stood in silence, her staring at her feet, him staring at her. He couldn't take his eyes away.

"My name's Akaashi," he said, his voice lulling into a whisper when he saw her flinch.

She knew that, didn't she? He'd spoken to her before. She'd pushed him away.

"Please let me help you."

Her body stiffened at those words. She didn't know how to react.

She wanted to run away.

She wanted to escape.

She wanted to escape into those arms.

Not the arms of the mist, not the air, not the ground.

She wanted to escape into his arms.

She wanted to escape with him.