5. "hating dylan o'brien is like hating lucky charms"

→ "What's your favourite movie?" AJ asked, stuffing her headphones and phone into her hoodie pocket

Connor took a moment to respond, "thats so tough, there's so many great movies." AJ nodded in agreement, eating a strawberry out of the fruit cup she bought on the plane. "I like Wedding Crashers and -"

"You can only pick one," AJ declared, laughing as she saw Connor's face drop.

His blue eyes widened, darting around the plane. "But — that's not fair!"

The young girl shrugged, "you said Wedding Crashers first. Is that your favourite?"

Connor and AJ maintained eye contact for a few seconds, sighing Connor nodded. "Yeah, yeah it is."

"It's a good movie," AJ agreed, taking another piece of fruit from the cup.

The boy grinned, "it is, isn't it?"

Swallowing the strawberry, AJ nodded again. "It is. But The maze Runner's better."

Connor's jaw dropped to the floor, his eyebrows furrowing. "The Maze Runner? No wa- actually, no that was a pretty good movie. but nowhere near as good as Wedding Crashers."

"Oh c'mon, it's amazing. Dylan O'Brien, holy shit." AJ mumbled, her eyes fluttering shut at the thought.

The hockey player scrunched up his nose. "Dylan O'Brien? Why does every girl like Dylan O'Brien?"

"Because he is a beautiful human being that deserves all the love in the world," AJ explained, bubbling over in excitement just thinking of him.

Connor scoffed, so AJ continued. "Plus, he did a video where he tried not to laugh for a minute and god, was it ever cute. He is just a blessing."

Connor rolled his eyes, though a playful smile was glued to his lips. "God, you're such a fangirl."

This time, AJ rolled her eyes, "well Mr. McDavid, who do you fangirl over?"

A smirk instantly plastered the boy's face, his eyes sparkling. "Gigi Hadid."

AJ scoffed, a small smile on her face, "of course."

Connor bumped her gently in the shoulder. "Oh, is someone jealous?"

With reddened cheeks the girl replied, "oh says you Mr. I hate Dylan O'Brien."

"Okay, I did not say I hated him," Connor declared, his one eyebrow raising.

"But... you did imply it."

Connor was about to say something, but closed his mouth again. Smiling, he shook his head as he chuckled slightly. "No one could hate Dylan O'Brien. We're just on different levels. Like, I'm sure you like The Maze Runner because he's in it."

Her cheeks flushing a darker shade of red, AJ nodded. "I also like the books..."

Connor laughed through his nose, "see you're obsessed. I simply just like him. I don't hate him, though."

AJ nodded firmly, "good. Because hating Dylan O'Brien is like hating Lucky Charms."

A playful glint shone in the young boys eyes. "I'm more of a Fruit Loops guy, myself."

AJ threw her arms up in the air in disbelief. "Oh my god! What is wrong with this generation! Lucky Charms is so much better."

Connor knew the girl was just teasing, so he decided to do the same. "Oh please, you probably just like the marshmallows."

The girl was about to protest, though as she opened her mouth, she bit her tongue. She couldn't protest, they were the best part. "Okay, so I like the marshmallows. But, the cereal as a whole is just spectacular."

"Okay, keep telling yourself that, AJ."

AJ furrowed her brows, sending a playful shove to Connor before crossing her arms over her chest to fake pout. "At least I don't like Fruit Loops. C'mon Connor."

The boy shrugged, "what can I say? They're magically delicious!"

AJ was trying to think of a comeback, until she comprehended what the boy just said. "Hey! that's the wrong slogan! Thats Lucky Charms!"

Connor seemed to catch onto his mistake, his eyes widening as his mouth fell open. Before AJ was able to brag about the star's mistake, Connor had put on his hood and pulled the drawstrings so his face was hidden. This made the girl beside him bubble with laughter.

"You-" she took a deep breath, trying to gain her composure. "- just exposed yourself!"

Connor's head popped out of his hoodie, his cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "To be fair, my friend Mitch loves Lucky Charms. And I mean loves." AJ still looked unconvinced, so Connor nodded his head. "He forced me to eat it."

"So If I came over to your apartment, there wouldn't be a box hidden somewhere?"

Connor's smile was wiped off his face, his expression turning blank as he tried to be serious. "No."

Squinting her eyes, AJ smiled, "I don't believe you."

Connor was trying his best to hold back his laughs, but failed as AJ's face began to come closer and closer as she investigated the hockey player. "Okay, okay," AJ pulled back and her eyes went back to normal when Connor began to talk. "I may have one box stashed away. But thats only for when he comes to town. He even wrote on it telling everyone that if they touch his Lucky Charms he'll shoot them."

AJ over exaggerated a head nod as she hummed, "yeah okay..."

"I'll prove it!" Connor suggested, wanting to prove to the girl he was right.

Quirking her eyebrow, she gave the boy a look. "And how are you going to do that?"

Connor opened his mouth to say she could come over to his place, and he could prove it. Or better yet, maybe she could just meet Mitch. But as he was forming the words, and as he was staring into AJ's eyes, he knew that most likely wouldn't happen.

They met on an airplane. Sure they talked about things they only think about in their heads, but that doesn't make them best friends.

A sinking feeling filled Connor up as he realized they won't see each other again after this flight.

"Oh... yeah I guess you're right. I guess I can't prove it to you."