Chapter 2

*2 years later*

Addie's POV

     I stroll up to my house just outside of London. Well, it technically isn't my house, but I live here. My mom is a maid for my best friend's mom, so they let me stay here. Our rooms are right next to each other, so we hang out in each other's rooms all the time. It's pretty cool.

     I quietly open the door to hear a loud sound of moaning coming from upstairs, and I gag. Even though I should be used to this by now, it still gets me.

     "Hi Veronica. How had your day been so far?" I smile at my best friend's mom.

     "Good. I finished recording some songs for my new album, and I got to spend some quality time with Brynn," she tells me, giving me a quick hug. Although we aren't related, Veronica has always seemed like family to me. I lived here before her daughter showed up, and it just happened that we became best friends.

     "Before James showed up," I add in, rolling my eyes at the obvious sounds coming from upstairs.

     "I know you don't like him, but he makes her happy," Veronica attempts to convince me, but I just look at her.

     "She looks happy when she's hanging out with you. When they're together, she doesn't look happy. It's creepy anyways. She's 21 and he's 26," I wince. When Brynn first came here, she had no experience with relationships. She told me how she eventually wanted to get a boyfriend. When she was over at her friend Jeremiah's house, she met his older brother, James. The rest is history.

     "They love each other Addie. It's fine," she brushes it off, taking a bite of an apple.

     "She deserves better, and you deserve to not have to listen to this all day," I admit, referencing the moans.

     "I've gotten used to it," Veronica shrugs, sitting on the couch.

     "Sometimes I think the fact that you're 35 messes with your mom judgement," I tell her. She laughs while taking another bite of the apple.

     "That could be it," she remarks with a laugh. The moans stop, and James comes running down the stairs, pulling up his pants and putting on his shirt.

     "Get some decency!" I scold him. Even though I'm six years younger than him, I'm still more mature.

     "I forgot I had a show tonight. Brynn told me she wanted to come over to my place after the show, so I'm coming to pick her up," he tells Veronica, and she nods.

     "Okay. I'll make sure she's ready," she tells him as he dashes out the door. I roll my eyes.

     "That's when you tell him no. He can't tell you he is taking your daughter. Stand up to him," I try to convince her.

     "If she wants to go, I can't see why not," she attempts to reason with me.

     "I'm going to go talk to Brynn. It was nice talking to you," I smile, and she nods. I run up the stairs and take a sharp left. When I reach Brynn's door, I knock.

     "Come in," she whistles. I pull open the door to reveal her room in perfect order like always, except for the bed which has sheets thrown everywhere. She is looking in the mirror, reapplying makeup for the seventieth time today.

      "Hey Brynn," I smile, hugging her from behind.

      "Hey Addie. How was your day? Did you finally get a boyfriend?" she asks excitedly, grabbing onto my hands.

     "Nice joke. I'm not a freaking model like you," I roll my eyes. She frowns at me.

     "Come on Addie. You're just stubborn," Brynn presses, but I shake my head.