Fox 32

All was quiet.

All was dark.

There was nothing.

Nothing I could feel and nothing that I could sense. It was like nothing existed between the darkness and I. Absolute nothing. It was the most chilling sensation I have ever felt. My limbs felt as if they were stuck in the muck that held me in place and the more I struggled to move the more I was swallowed.

Flashbacks of what happened before I was engulfed in the darkness plagued my memory. The dark magic that flowed through my veins began to control me. I was out of control. There was nothing that I could do to stop it. All I could do was sit back and watch what happened. Like an autopilot to my own lives and decisions.

My mood sunk as far as I did into the darkness. Even if it was an evil creature it was still a life form of some sort and I took it. The memory alone sent a shock wave through me but I wasn't sure if it was bad or not. The thought of crushing it's neck in my powerful jaws and then forcing Levi to commit the unforgivable act as well made me...

Wait...

Levi.

And Alistair.

What happened after I passed out? What happened once dad separated Levi and I? Did they stop the second creature? How did they explain what happened to Alistair's parents? Why was I still stuck in this darkness? What was going on?

"...he wake up?" A soft, worried voice finally pierced the void of sound.

My first instinct was to jump up and alert someone that I was awake. That I could hear them but my body wouldn't do what I wanted to. The voice faded but not all the way. I could still hear faint voices carrying on a conversation while I was stuck in the void.

"Levi's parents are worried..." Another voice broke through the silence.

My frustration grew the more I could hear. It shouldn't have been as hard as it was to escape this dark prison that I created for myself. Why couldn't I just wake up? It was driving me insane. I needed to make sure everyone was okay. I needed to make sure Alistair and Levi didn't hate me. Although they probably did. 

I probably cost Alistair's parents their lives and I almost got Levi killed and it was completely my fault for allowing that dark magic to course through me and control my thoughts. I was weak and I couldn't even control my own magic. There was no reason for them to forgive me. I wouldn't even forgive me.

"When will he wake up?" That voice I recognized to be my mother's.

"When he's ready." Cano replied, always the calm one.

Well that wasn't exactly true.

I'm ready now and I can't seem to even alert them to the fact that I was partially awake. The darkness around me began to once again swallow me whole, surrounding me on all sides and muffling the little bit of sound I could hear.

What was going on with me?

'Don't you want all the power?' A disembodied voice called.

What power?

'I can provide you with all the power and control you could ever handle.'

I don't want any power.

'You'll want it eventually. I'll be here when you decide otherwise.' The voice sneered.

Just as I was going to respond it seemed as if my consciousness lightened and I began to awaken. The world around me came into focus but my body still felt a little heavy. My limbs still couldn't be moved to alert those around me that I was truly awake.