part 20waking up

Part 20

My eyes fluttered open just as a man with grass green hair and manky hobo clothes walked in. A stared at him with a disgusted look on my face which made him smile, showing his old rotten, chapped teeth. I looked over to see Ally covered in blood and ... Feathers? A scream escaped my lips, louder than I expected and some teachers ran in. One of them phoned the police while the other two grabbed the ugly old man who didn't even try to fight free. It was easy to escape from the ropes since they were tied so loosely. I helped a nearly passed out Ally out of the ropes and carried her to a table and laid her down on it. We called the nurse up and all the students except me and Ally went home. An ambulance came for Ally and I was questioned by the police, I only answered yes/no questions and eventually got sent home. Just as I got up to my gate I saw Harry sitting on my fence, checking his phone. I ran up to him and gave him a hug almost pushing him over the other side of the fence. He hugged me back and asked me what had happened. I explained everything once we had got inside and I had made him a cup of tea. He gave me another hug and kissed me on the forehead "Well its been a very... Eventful week, ey?" He smirked, hugging me tighter. I nodded and laid my head on his shoulder, eventually falling asleep.

I woke up with a startle. All I heard was Harry screaming and my door opening. I looked at the door, it was just my parents coming in. Then at Harry who was fast asleep dreaming. I was once told never to wake someone having a nightmare because it might scare them so much they become paralysed. I couldn't face seeing Harry screaming like this so I stroked his face and whispered "Harry, wake up Harry," and he blinked his eyes open, full of fear and sadness. He swung his arms around me and mumbled "never let me go," I looked at him straight in the face and saw a glint of a tear in his eye, then hugged him back, confused and scared.