Week 9 // Part 3

Saturday evening

I may be working at a comic book store and, thanks to my job and my brother, know a good bit about superheroes and -villains, but I have never been too much into all that myself. But I can't deny that I am truly enjoying the movie – although I am starting to think that this could also be related to the person sitting next to me.

About halfway through the film, Jay suddenly unwraps his arm from around me. I sit up and turn my head to give him a questioning look.

"Sorry, my fingers have fallen asleep." He whispers apologetically. "And as much as I like cuddling with you, I am not very good at sitting still for a long time." He stretches his arms and legs.

I giggle at his antics, earning another hiss and a harsh complaint from the couple in front of us.

"Do you maybe want to go outside?" Jay suggests. "I know you aren't too fond of superheroes, and I have seen this movie so many times already..."

I blush. "I actually like it. And your dad is a great actor."

"Yes, he is." Jay agrees, and I can see a cute smile forming on his face. They may not have always had the best relationship, but it is obvious that Jay is very proud and also very fond of his father.

I just smile back as take Jay's hand into mine and gently massage the palm and fingers with my thumb. "Does this help?"

"It does." Jay nods. "Thank you."

"Thanks for inviting me." I turn towards him and place a short kiss on his lips before sitting back in my seat, our hand still entwined.

I am wondering if – and when – Jay is planning on introducing me to his dad. I would very much like to meet my boyfriend's only living relative, although the idea of dealing with a movie star makes me rather nervous. Well, I guess Cliff Gordon is probably too busy tonight anyway. So I'll just have to wait and see.

We stay like this for the remainder of the film. During the end credits, Jay turns to me. "What do you want to do now?" He asks. "Do you want to leave, or are you okay to stay for the reception? I'd really like us to stay, but it's totally up to you."

From my other side, I can see Seliel giving me an encouraging smile. I really would like to get to know her. And I also want to spend more time with my boyfriend.

"I-I'd like to stay." I reply, trying to keep my voice steady.

"That's great, Nya." Jay beams at me. "And no problem if you change your mind later. Just let me know, okay?" He gives my hand a little squeeze. "I've promised to take you home after the film if you aren't comfortable. And I'm a man of my word."

"Thanks." I smile. "You're cute, you know that?"

"Hey, I really mean it." He protests.

"So do I." Before he can say anything else, I press my lips against his. And Jay definitely doesn't object to that.

After the film and a few more speeches, we stay in our seats until more or less everyone else has left the theatre.

"Hey, buddy." Jay and I finally get to greet Lloyd.

"Hi Jay. Hey Nya. Uh, y-you look nice." Our young friend blushes when he sees us in our evening attire. He is wearing a black suit with a white shirt and green tie (which looks like it is from their school uniform).

"This is my classmate and best friend, Brad Tudabone." Lloyd introduces us to a black-haired boy of around the same age as him. "Brad, these are Jason Gordon and Antonia Smith, who are also my friends." The kid then announces proudly, and the other boy is visibly impressed. Even more so when Jay hands them their Starfarers giftbag.